Should police dogs have extra protection ?

464132-large.jpg

They already get armed guards when taken for walkies, how much more protection does a dog need?

Damn right police dogs should have more protection. I'm not only saying this as a dog "lover" either.

These animals are trained to assist the police, for the public good. Any attack on a police animal, whether it be dog, horse, ferret or shark with frickin' laser beams should be treated exactly the same as an assault on a police officer.

Poppy

LE
Damn right police dogs should have more protection. I'm not only saying this as a dog "lover" either.

These animals are trained to assist the police, for the public good. Any attack on a police animal, whether it be dog, horse, ferret or shark with frickin' laser beams should be treated exactly the same as an assault on a police officer.

so treated not very seriously at all then sadly :(

Poppy

LE
You get my drift though?

oh yes I absolutely agree with you but unfortunately I think attacks on police officers are seen as an occupational hazard these days

@CptDanjou

Why the disagree mate? Surely you've an argument other than the "thumbs down".

You own an animal. Mistreat it? You'll get bounced for cruelty.

You attack an animal that is trained for the public good? You get done for attack on a police officer, furthermore, I'd hope that any offender manages to fall up and down the cop-shop stairs too.

Aside from the cruelty side of things, tens of thousands of pounds are spent training these creatures, many of which fail. There must be greater protection for these very valuable animals.

Working animals or Pets?

One or the other not both....

But yes they should be afforded protection in the course of their duties. We expect them to work, we should do our best to offer to protect them in that work.

Pointless arguing, he hates dogs.

X59

LE
464132-large.jpg

They already get armed guards when taken for walkies, how much more protection does a dog need?

The cop in the middle is holding that dogs career back.

@CptDanjou

Why the disagree mate? Surely you've an argument other than the "thumbs down".

You own an animal. Mistreat it? You'll get bounced for cruelty.

You attack an animal that is trained for the public good? You get done for attack on a police officer, furthermore, I'd hope that any offender manages to fall up and down the cop-shop stairs too.

Aside from the cruelty side of things, tens of thousands of pounds are spent training these creatures, many of which fail. There must be greater protection for these very valuable animals.

I think current laws are sufficient , cruelty to animals law Animal cruelty

Criminal damage Criminal damage in English law - Wikipedia

It seems like the Police want more than whats available , I dont believe its for financial reasons, I`m not sure why but it makes them look a bit like bunny huggers in my view.

It seems like the Police want more than whats available , I dont believe its for financial reasons, I`m not sure why but it makes them look a bit like bunny huggers in my view.

Because they want their animals better protected. If you expect an animal to go in against a 'perp' 100%, you want the best possible protection for it.

New Clause 3 - Offences against 'public servants'

New Clause 3 - Offences against ‘public servants’: 25 Oct 2005: Public Bill Committees - TheyWorkForYou

This should definately include police animals.

Replace their teeth with Titanium fangs, give them stab vests and train them to attack anyone who wears a baseball cap.

You had noticed these baseball caps x3???

Slight flaw in your plan perhaps. How about baseball caps with hoods? Cut down some unnecessary litigation on rainy days

464132-large.jpg

Because they want their animals better protected. If you expect an animal to go in against a 'perp' 100%, you want the best possible protection for it.

New Clause 3 - Offences against 'public servants'

New Clause 3 - Offences against ‘public servants’: 25 Oct 2005: Public Bill Committees - TheyWorkForYou

This should definately include police animals.

They are animals that are made to work , not humans, edit , the law will become ridiculous and unworkable if we start giving certain animals the same rights / protection as humans .

Last edited:
Everybody knows that all coppers are b@stards, just ask ACAB. That includes police dogs. Here is one caught on camera during an attempted rape. The randy hound was deaf to his victim who cried "I thought you said he'd just grab my fekkin' arm!!!"

hqdefault.jpg

Latest Threads