Should Pam 21 be restricted

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Whats PAM 21?

It is basically the Army book on Range Safety. ie; How to blow up and shoot things other than your own soldiers. It doesn't always get read / complied with.

Personally I think it should be classed as 'Confidential' as it is only a matter of time before the Taleban, Hezbollah and assorted loons sue the MOD for injuries caused on Ranges they are using under the auspices of Pam 21 that they have obtained from ebay.

Probably not for much longer, the protective marking scheme is to change very soon.

In any case should it really be restricted? Copywrite protected maybe, but really how much value is it to the Queen's enemies?

Probably not for much longer, the protective marking scheme is to change very soon.

In any case should it really be restricted? Copywrite protected maybe, but really how much value is it to the Queen's enemies?

So would you think it a worthwhile question for the document author/sponsor.

maninblack

LE
Book Reviewer
On the grounds that the Army Cadet Force training manuals are restricted and they teach nothing of recent relevance and tactics from the days of Bratwurst Mitt Senf I am suprised that PAM21 isn't.

It is basically the Army book on Range Safety. ie; How to blow up and shoot things other than your own soldiers. It doesn't always get read / complied with.

Personally I think it should be classed as 'Confidential' as it is only a matter of time before the Taleban, Hezbollah and assorted loons sue the MOD for injuries caused on Ranges they are using under the auspices of Pam 21 that they have obtained from ebay.

Wahhhhhhhh.

I assume the question is being asked with a view to it being available on Armynet?

In which case I say no, no need for it to be Restricted. Mark it down to Protect and allow it to be made available online to particular groups, without going as far as selling it in Watersons.

Fair enough. Wouldn't want the Chinese learning how to run a .22 range.
Well, to be fair we teach the Chinese officers of the future at RMAS and PCD, along with the Arabs and other assorted "Good Guys."

Always entertaining when they're caught photocopying their C/Sgts AATAM with Herrick insert though.