Should members of ARRSE be allowed to post with a blank profile?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by padster985, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is just for disclosure; I have been on ARRSE for 18 Months under my current profile. Had a very busy time so did not use it, basically started a couple of days ago. I have started this thread on the advice of possibly the most senior member of ARRSE although he did not suggest the title/subject.

It has become very apparent to me that there is a great deal of 'tough guys' on ARRSE. They like to bully, harass and abuse people that they believe are naive, a Walt or just plain stupid. Well the problem I have with this is that these people are anonymous. It was suggested to me, by my advisor, that ARRSE is not Mumsnet or Facebook and that more moderators and/or administrators would not be welcomed. Well here in lays the problem, people don't want forums over moderated well I say put your name out there. Then self moderation kicks in and the 'tough guys' aren't so tough.

I don't have a good enough solution to post here, but I believe something could be done.
  2. Surely not rising to it or "biting" is the best personal option. They soon give up when they relies you won't have a Internet argument.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. If you can't take a joke you shouldn't have joined.

And if you take pixels on the internet personally you want psychiatric help.
    • Like Like x 10
  4. A very good point and maybe that is the the only solution, I've just always hated scum bags getting away with it. Whatever 'IT' maybe.
  5. Just blank them padster
  6. I've no idea how someone can be bullied via the Internet. Turn the computer off you nugget.
    • Like Like x 8
  7. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Moved into Site Issues as its probably the best place for this discussion.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I call WAH!
  9. That's a cop out, and is how people got away with doing shit things and shit jobs in the Army for years. You are right about taking it personally I asure you I don't, regardless of the thread.
  10. So what do you suggest? People use there real names? Considering the nature of what most people do for a living, using a real name is not an option.

Besides, my name is John really is...who can prove otherwise? See the problem, you have no idea if that is my name or not. Of course, that is not my name, I am really Jock McTavish.

Simple answer, if you don't like the site, don't log on to it.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. You just have to accept that the mentally handicapped/ deprived can access the Internet too ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  12. shazamm
    • Like Like x 1

13. Mmmm Persec,my past 'crimes' will not be forgotten.Oh and by the way ARRSE is not Facebook or Mumsnet.Look forward to the next thread you post.
  14. I haven't completed my profile yet, I joined just for some advice on a medical appeal a few months ago but the banter and interesting topics have kept me posting, however as I am still a civvy (appeal pending) I feel that I aren't a "proper" member of ARRSE so thats why mine is still blank. You won't find me bullying, harassing, abusing or walting though.
  15. Another good point.

1. The info doesn't have to be 'here' but it can be 'there' with ARRSE, then if someone goes to far (apparently there was a death threat today) they can be reported.

2. Someone can correct me obviously but I don't think ARRSE was started with the ethos 'by the way, if you don't like it **** off'.

3. Thanks for you input Jock. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.