Should Life Insurance be provide free on Ops?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Rampant_Lion, Apr 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it not about time the Military provided insurance, on par with Pax, whilst deployed on Operations.

It has saddened me to find out that so many of our young soldiers who have paid the highest price have little or no life insurance. As a SNCO i have the luxury both of knowing the value of life insurance and the affordability to have it. A high number of our younger soldiers have made the gamble and lost and left their families with little.

Some may say they should have been more responsible. however, Should it not be the Military's role to look after it's 'extended family' when the worst happens?

2. If it wasn't for the fact that you're a SNCO, this looks just like a fishing mission. Why do you think this "problem" exists? Do you think it's a lack of example and explanation to the soldiers under their' (your) care, or do you think it's just a question of MOD not doing its job?

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'm surprised that we dont or cant have the system provided for GI's by Roosevelt in WW2! Automatic free life insurance.