• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Should LE Officers always be allowed back in the Sgts Mess?

Does anyone else get sick of LE officers coming back to our mess and freeloading. They wanted a commission so they can take their sorry arses to the officers mess and drink pims.

These days it's just natural career progression. Personally there are a few faces that I think are always welcome and a few that I'm glad to see the back of but it tends to be the former who turn up for a pint. If this is all there is to moan about mate things must be slow.

As an ex long time member of the Sgts Mess I usually found the company of the LEs as entertaining (in the main) and more often than not interesting in hearing "when I's...." and tales of old comrades etc..Today I find it a privilage and an honour to be invited back into the Mess. I have to say however you will always get one crusty old sod who will try and lord it over the younger members of both the Sgts Mess and Junior Officers in the Officers Mess!

Unless things have changed, officers need to be invited to drink in the sgts mess. I'd say a quick word in the RSM's ear would sort the problem if any officer is abusing a priviledge.

Lairdx said:
These days it's just natural career progression. Personally there are a few faces that I think are always welcome and a few that I'm glad to see the back of but it tends to be the former who turn up for a pint. If this is all there is to moan about mate things must be slow.
True, some are welcome. Invitations are not made by the mess but are, in most cases by the RSM who will be joining their ranks in most cases. We all know the mess is not ours, its the RSM's.

LEs should be allowed in the WOs' & Sgts' Mess just once every two years - when it's the turn of the Officers' Mess to visit at Christmas. Otherwise, they should stay away.

They took the commission, changed messes and moved on.

PS. I'm a LE officer and yes, I do miss the WOs' & Sgts' Mess.

Boyzie, I'm confused as to which mess you belong to?

Boyzie said:
As a serving officer I do not agree with spouses of serving officers being allowed in the mess who have not yet earned the right to enter our establishment either through establishment or birth.

An officer in my Regiment, who shall remain nameless, has married a female Warrant Officer who is also serving with the Regiment. She comes into our mess and attends the same functions that her OC also attends. This surely has to have an effect on the ability of the OC to relax and enjoy the mess that he has earned the right to be a member of.

I do not have a problem with Officers taking OR spouses, but, I do have a problem with them serving in the same Regiment. :evil:
Here

Clarify please.

Boyzie said:
Retired ranks can only be used if the retired officer held a field rank. This, for LE officers, includes Capt. Its just a power, class, snob thing with them as they are clinging on to their former glories of holding the queens commision.

balls to them and lets stop having them in our mess. LE officers wanted to be commissioned yet always want to come back to the Sgts Mess.
taken from another thread in this forum

As has been asked already, which mess if any do you belong to? or are you actually an LE occifer yourself and you are that sponger. or as I suspect you applied and got turned down :wink:

B

Biscuits_AB

LE Officers in the Mess are pests. They forget that they are Officers, act like c*nts and start ordering people around. They like to lord it about, expect every f*cker to buy them drink and be impressed by their tales, most of which are some other f*ckers and when told to f*ck off or reminded about f*ck ups they made as ORs, they can't take it, get spiteful and knobble some c*nts ACR. You can't get rid of the f*ckers either. Sitting there burbling pish until stupid o'clock in the morning. Most of our officers are LEs. I hate the b*stards.

You wanted the commission, you kissed enough arrse for it. What the f*ck are you doing back here? Trying to impress the girlies and the 10 year old Sgts? Not fitting in 'over the road'?

Insecure c*nts. Get tae f*ck.

LE Officers are officers, and unless invited in to the Sgts' Mess shouldn't come in. That is the price of getting a commision.

Boyzie has no problems with officers taking OR's as spouses but what about ORs taking officers?

The problem he brought up should be dealt with as many other mess have dealt with the married soldiers in the same unit/garrison, a soldier who is not eligable to enter the mess on their own merit is not allowed in.

It is jack, it is unfair and yes, another member of the mess can invite some scutter in from down town but a spouse isn't allowed in because they are in the forces, but it is the only way.

OH! OH! Boyzie.........busted!!!! Personally I believe that Officers should be allowed into the mess as long as they are invited and as long as they dont kick the ass out of it. Christmas and games nights are usually enough visits for the year. However some really popular ex-seniors should be welcomed into the mess, purely as an educational tool for the young Sergeants who can "tap the wealth of knowledge" that crusty old ex-seniors usually have in abundance.

Boyzie said:
Does anyone else get sick of LE officers coming back to our mess and freeloading. They wanted a commission so they can take their sorry arses to the officers mess and drink pims.
There is a school of thought that reckons that they should STAY in the Sgt's Mess.

Biscuits_AB said:
LE Officers in the Mess are pests. They forget that they are Officers, act like c*nts and start ordering people around. They like to lord it about, expect every f*cker to buy them drink and be impressed by their tales, most of which are some other f*ckers and when told to f*ck off or reminded about f*ck ups they made as ORs, they can't take it, get spiteful and knobble some c*nts ACR. You can't get rid of the f*ckers either. Sitting there burbling pish until stupid o'clock in the morning. Most of our officers are LEs. I hate the b*stards.

You wanted the commission, you kissed enough arrse for it. What the f*ck are you doing back here? Trying to impress the girlies and the 10 year old Sgts? Not fitting in 'over the road'?

Insecure c*nts. Get tae f*ck.

Fail the LE commissions board did you mate

B

Biscuits_AB

Nope, but that was a very, very predictable response from a very, very predicatable clown..

I just don't like the c*nts larging it up in my Mess. Does there have to be an alterior motive?

BiscuIts AB You sound like a well rounded, educated bloke. It's always a pleasure to read posts by clever blokes like you. What fun it must be having a topical conversation at the bar with you as you seem to have a firm grasp of current affairs. - NOT!!!

I can understand your point though. When a member of a particular Engr Regt Sgts mess a few years ago the same old LE Officers were in the mess more than the members. I think it was down to the RSM at the time wanting a commission so much.

Having now turned to the dark side myself, i make a point of only going into the Sgts mess when invited by close friends and then only a maximum of twice a year. I get many invites, but would rather make the visits something special. The normal invites include promotion drinks for guys selected for WO1( Cos it is a special rank that not too many guys get to and its the norm to invite all current and ex WO1's to help celebrate), and maybe a top table dinner if you happened to be good friends with a few of the Warrants.

Maybe if you feel so strongly about the subject you should have a word with the Officers in question and the person who invites them in and let them konw your feelings, if you don't things won't change. They probably won't anyway, because if the Officers are in there that much the main man is probably feathering his nest.

Latest Threads