Should I mention....?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Bunion, Sep 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm in the process of doing my TA application, there is a section that asks about former positions of responsibility. Now I used to be in the RNLI as a lifeboatman, is it considered at all Waltish to mention that on my application?
  2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

3. Seriously?!

What do you think?

You can't Walt as something you've been you mong.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Its the fecking TA, they get guys turning up in yellow sou'wester's claiming to be Captain Birdseye and demanding entry to the SBS - and they take them!
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Mention it. It's an admirable hobby...................unlike the one you're hoping to start.
    • Like Like x 5
  6. How is that waltish?
  7. Why the TA and not the RNR?
  8. No just fill out the application it will probably be plain sailing for a man of your nautical life saving talents!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Of course you should mention it. It shows a willingness to look after others and shows teamwork which is the cornerstone of Both Regular and Reserve Forces.
  10. Welcome aboard, at least you will know the answer to "what is the colour of the boathouse"
  11. Orange?
  12. Definately mention it. It will put you in a good light as being a team player and such like.

Besides, if you didn't mention it at the start but then it cropped up later people would think you were bullshitting.

Kudos to you for being a lifeboatman as well.
  13. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Support our Lifeboats.

Sounds respectably responsible in all the best possible ways to me. Why consider hiding it?

Though I note you post your location as High Wycombe.
  14. I served with a bloke who, when asked about previous service, mentioned he'd been in the beach patrol in his native country. This was the cause of much hilarity amongst the officers, who took the beach patrol to be a tropical version of Baywatch and thought the reference was extreme waltishness.

I mentioned that this beach patrol had patrolled the beaches at night.
    They travelled in BMPs and carried AK-47s.
  15. No, try again.