Should I mention....?

B

Bunion

I'm in the process of doing my TA application, there is a section that asks about former positions of responsibility. Now I used to be in the RNLI as a lifeboatman, is it considered at all Waltish to mention that on my application?

Alsacien

MIA
Its the fecking TA, they get guys turning up in yellow sou'wester's claiming to be Captain Birdseye and demanding entry to the SBS - and they take them!

I'm in the process of doing my TA application, there is a section that asks about former positions of responsibility. Now I used to be in the RNLI as a lifeboatman, is it considered at all Waltish to mention that on my application?
Mention it. It's an admirable hobby...................unlike the one you're hoping to start.

No just fill out the application it will probably be plain sailing for a man of your nautical life saving talents!

Travelgall

LE
Kit Reviewer
Of course you should mention it. It shows a willingness to look after others and shows teamwork which is the cornerstone of Both Regular and Reserve Forces.

Definately mention it. It will put you in a good light as being a team player and such like.

Besides, if you didn't mention it at the start but then it cropped up later people would think you were bullshitting.

Kudos to you for being a lifeboatman as well.

SOL

Support our Lifeboats.

Sounds respectably responsible in all the best possible ways to me. Why consider hiding it?

Though I note you post your location as High Wycombe.

I served with a bloke who, when asked about previous service, mentioned he'd been in the beach patrol in his native country. This was the cause of much hilarity amongst the officers, who took the beach patrol to be a tropical version of Baywatch and thought the reference was extreme waltishness.

I mentioned that this beach patrol had patrolled the beaches at night.
They travelled in BMPs and carried AK-47s.

As stated you cant Walt if you actually did it.

Why do you keep your boats on top of them big slides by the way? Why not just keep it in the water, it would save you having to climb the stairs and then slide down the other side in a boat. You nobbers.

B

Bunion

SOL

Support our Lifeboats.

Sounds respectably responsible in all the best possible ways to me. Why consider hiding it?

Though I note you post your location as High Wycombe.
Yeah, used to live up in North Yorkshire (Just outside Whitby) till about 6 months ago, moved back to Wycombe.

And I'm not quite sure of the logic behind the slip launches, Jebote. Other than keep the boat nice and dry.....