Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should i join the paras

Decwba18

Swinger
Well done you. It is accurate, up to date and helpful. Your original comments on it were not.
The point still stands i i raised it to get other peoples opinions on it. Not to cause a political devate. I want to know whether its worth it nowadays for a young lad to sign up to the forces

I want to know whether its worth it nowadays for a young lad to sign up to the forces

Depends what you want, but overwhelming "Yes".

The offer, the career, the opportunities (for you and family) are all there for the taking.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

RTU'd

Old-Salt
P Coy is legalized hell & has casualties on it, brutal at best but does a job well & gets the right person needed to be parachute trained for the army. best passed first time.

Decwba18

Swinger
Update : been tilting more towards royal engineers recently. But at the gym today decided to test my 2km run time. The junior entry for paras is 8:15 , i got 7:46. And still got another good 5 months of training. Basically im feeling pretty confident. Oh and the plumbing is alright at college but im probably the slowest learner . I aint got that tradesmen mindset. (For those wondering plumbing in royal engineers is what i applied for)

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
But at the gym today decided to test my 2km run time. The junior entry for paras is 8:15 , i got 7:46.
That's a reasonable time, but is there any reason you can only "test" it at the gym ?

Update : been tilting more towards royal engineers recently. But at the gym today decided to test my 2km run time. The junior entry for paras is 8:15 , i got 7:46. And still got another good 5 months of training. Basically im feeling pretty confident. Oh and the plumbing is alright at college but im probably the slowest learner . I aint got that tradesmen mindset. (For those wondering plumbing in royal engineers is what i applied for)
This is the standard you will have to achieve to join 'The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces'

Decwba18

Swinger
Update: spoke to recruiter about all this. Now been put down for paras. Proper motivated now. Feels like weight been lifted off shoulders. However with the gyms closing i now dont have a workout routine specifically for paras. Been lookin all over the shop on google, youtube etc but cant find a solid routine for junior paras. Does anyone on here now a good 5 day workout plan?
cheers

Update: spoke to recruiter about all this. Now been put down for paras. Proper motivated now. Feels like weight been lifted off shoulders. However with the gyms closing i now dont have a workout routine specifically for paras. Been lookin all over the shop on google, youtube etc but cant find a solid routine for junior paras. Does anyone on here now a good 5 day workout plan?
cheers
I could give you the old school BAOR workout plan but it would get you into the Priory, sadly not the Paras!

No I don’t. But: keep your motivation up. This is your perfect chance to prove you kept your motivation up. Run, swim, use an outdoor gym. If you can, make a gym (record the making of it, and show it to the recruiting team).
If you want it enough, you will do enough to make it your goal.
Good luck!

cheers
Er yes, cheap copies on Amazon, including kindle.

51v7ESNK+zL.jpg
A1YRl86kwfL.jpg

Decwba18

Swinger
update : just spoke to careers advisor earlier today, all slots are taken for harrogate (paras). So basically got another year of waiting. Dunno what to do

Latest Threads