Should I join the army?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Dave098, Nov 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Should I join the army?
    I'm 18, jobless, I left college because I am too indecisive about what I want to do with my life. I am a little overweight, but lift weights three times a week on average.

I'm kinda withdrawn sometimes, and shy. But I want to change those things about me and better myself somehow, and I thought the army would be a good way to do it.

I want something mentally challenging like Intelligence or the Engineers, but am completely unsure of what to do.

Any advice?
  2. Join the Army.

That was easy, wasn't it?
  3. ummmm....................yes
  4. Tomorrow go to your local army careers office and have a chat, get the information and an application form.
  5. what have you got to loose ?
  6. would you like to go through life thinking "WHAT IF".........get down the recruiting'll only know if you give it a try...if you don't like it, you can leave, but at least you'll have had a look.

7. No ............... don't bother you indecisive bastard.

If you can't make a decision now, what are you going to be like after a couple of beers and don't know what you have to lose ?

Try the Navy !
  8. Changed my life walking into the careers office!! on the 24th nov the first day of the rest of my life begins as i start Phase 1!! Do it or like medman82 sed ur b forever thinkin 'what if'
  9. Join the Army? Your lucky you have a option mate, 90 years ago there was no choice!

If you have to ask, first person I'd ask is yourself!

What what job choice, Reg, what are you qualified for?

10. I took the piss earlier .............

BEST thing I ever did.
  11. If it is going through your head now as something you fancy doing, it'll still be in your head when you're 60. It's up to you whether you can then look back at having served and seen it for yourself or whether you look back with regret and think 'if only....'. If you only go on to serve for 3 years, you'll still be plenty young enough to do something else afterwards. Do it - you know you want to.
  12. Motorman .................... were you the guy that recruited me ?
  13. Absolutely a resounding YES.
  14. Will it stop you being whiny?.....Then do it!It will be the best decision you ever make.