Should i join the 1 rtr ?????

Discussion in 'RAC' started by ohbugger2007, Jun 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ill keep it short. shall i go into the 1st rtr??? :?

im goin selection soon.
  2. up to you mate!! i presume youve looked in to all options?? and if you have and if 1rtr stands out go for it!!
  3. One thing to consider is that if 1RTR is fully manned , and you havn't a relative who has served in the unit then you will be sent packing to wherever there are vacancies.....

If you really want to join a particular regt, then dont get fobbed off at the careers office or during inital training, stick to your guns..... They will tell you it doesnt matter they are all the same etc....My youngest brother had to go through some posting officer trying to blow smoke up his ass to get him to go into another regt but he politely told them to poke it and is now having fun in sunnier climates with the 2nd
  4. Where are you from ohbugger2007? If your wanting to be in the RAC, why don't you look at your local cavalry regiments as well.

1 RTR's catchment area is normally north England, so you have the RDG's for Main Battle Tanks, or LDG's for Recce regiment.
  5. No.
  6. Please explain Forks , or is it going to be another childish comment about the fact that 1RTR are the Joint CBRN Regiment? I would like to see ScotsDG have a bash at doing the job! 8O
  7. Im in nottingham and i have looked at other regiments like the qrl
  8. Why ask us, youll get a myriad of answers, like go to the QRL (thats mine)
    Someone else might say go (1 RTR)
  9. My only reason to join 1 RTR at the time was that I didn't want to wear a twat hat! Me and other ex-1 RTR will say yes, sign but I am sure other RAC regiments are equally as good and professional in what they do. The advantage of joining 1 RTR is the scouse banter and you would be welcome into the fold wherever you came from.
  10. You will also get the scouse banter in the RDG's, for your info ohbugger, the regiment recruits from West Yorkshire, Merseyside, Cumbria and Northern Ireland, so if you're from one of these areas, then it might just suit you. :D
  11. Chuff me G*v, your doing floppy heads job here, are you on commision or something.

Join whatever unit you want matey, i got put in the 4/7th, not my local unit and had a ball, there are good and bad wherever you go but that's life shag.

Benefits of joining something local are coming home on leave is a bit cheaper if there's a few in the car, if you want to escape your local area, join the foreign legion.
  12. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, waiting for it to through the post at the moment :!: totally agree with you though, join what you want, I also was put into the 4/7th by Fred Claxton and didn't really know what to expect, but did enjoy it all the same. But as we know, we were all West Yorkshire boys then, with the odd exemption. :roll:
  13. Not off Martin S, he is the archietypal Yorkshireman, a Scotsman with every ounce of generosity squeezed out of him. :D