Should I join now or wait a bit?

So I am looking to join the reserves as Military Police. I am working on my fitness at present but my BMI is no where near where it should be 29 max, I need to lose around 24kg.

Should I work on it and then apply in 2015 or just carry on with my application?

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
So I am looking to join the reserves as Military Police. I am working on my fitness at present but my BMI is no where near where it should be 29 max, I need to lose around 24kg.

Should I work on it and then apply in 2015 or just carry on with my application?

Depends on if you think you can shift the weight in time, doesn't it?

You're looking at 6 months to shift 50lb.

NEQcounter

War Hero
If you over train you may injure yourself and then you'll be knackered. I'd wait a bit to ensure you can lose the weight safely and consistently. Start eating healthy and lay off the beer. Build up the exercise gradually and any pain or niggles slow down and have a rethink. Running is awesome but make sure you get fitted shoes or you can do serious knee damage.

Given the time applications appear to be taking, I'd get yours in now. With a bit of luck you'll have sorted your fitness and weight by the time it comes through.