Should i join advice

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by xblink, Sep 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi i am considering joining ta , just i am not the most confident person in the world , and find it very hard having to stand up and talk in front of large groups of people .Is there alot of this type of thing ?

Thanks in advance

2. my understanding is that there is when becoming a soldier, and there DEFINITELY is becoming an officer.

3. Nope not thinking of becoming officer ,just regular solider

4. Join up and just getting through the training will boost your confidence no end. You'll get to do a bit of speaking in front of small groups and again this will help with your confidence.

• Like Like x 1
  5. You'll find that your confidence will grow if you have to do it (I'm ex reg, and know we didn't), take a shot at it. Despite it being the TA - They are all only (sort of) human at the end of the day. You will find it boosts your confidence with what you learn so have a crack at it.

6. Good advice and all that but I ask again what is that on your avatar?

7. Russell Brand after a shave?

8. I saw a picture on twitter of some woman on steroids trying to be man, all muscles and tattoo's, but still had a janet! Fairly bizzare picture really, then I was looking for it on google (vanished off twitter) and came across that. It reminded me of Afghan kandar so I thought I'd use it!

9. Dude a tip for talking in front of people!

Look at their noses and top lips, not their eyes, that way the person you look at thinks youre maintaining eye contact when actually youre not, well make you feel a lot better!