• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

should I get a proper job?

engineer1 said:
Like most demented old ex-mil codger I have oftenn been stuck for something worthwile to do, you know, how to keep the braincells snapping at each-other.
I've tried it all; working, DIY and sporty things. I am bored again.
Now my missus has always said I 'had a book' in me and should give it a go. Write something.
Well I did. Often.
Only problem is that I was more eloquent, in my eyes, when I was writting XXX rated stuff, which many of my buddies have enjoyed, than anything I could actually show my wife!
Last night I had a go at a very short, non-erotic tale... very short.
You can read it in the attachment.
I would be very grateful for ANY feedback My wife loved it, as did my daughter, but I recon you guys will be the most strident and forthright critics I will ever find.
What do you think? Shoul I try to pen something longer, bigger, better or... should I get a proper job?
Thank you for your input.
Looking forward to your attachment! Yawn.

Hmmm....no attachment.

Stick with the writing for the time being, as anything requiring IT skills seems a bit doubtful at the mo...

:wink:

Rodney2q

Latest Threads