should i buy a phone before christmas

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
Hi Troops,
Im looking at getting a new phone . I refuse to pay more then £200 for my pay as you go sim with supersave. I Get 4 gis internet and unlimited calls and texts . Plus I get free phone calls and free mobile calls on my isp provider .

Ive seen some odd chinese ones that sort of fit the bill but should i buy now this closeto xmas or do you think there will be better deals in the new year . Some of these phones I ve seen are either silly money 600/700squid or at the other end three G for 90 quids.

I think four g will be ok as its pretty speedy and I dont know what benefits are available on 5g except more speed so thats not a great concern to me .
cheers folks

Wait until after Christmas, then look on EBay.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
hi dingerr , i dont want to buy off ebay as I have seen horror stories of odd phones being sold . I .e refurbs which have not been refurbed just unlocked and being an older phone than advertised being an it novice i wanted a reputable company and service .
what should i lo0ok for on ebay to avoid problems bro.?

Hi Troops,
Im looking at getting a new phone . I refuse to pay more then £200 for my pay as you go sim with supersave. I Get 4 gis internet and unlimited calls and texts . Plus I get free phone calls and free mobile calls on my isp provider .

Ive seen some odd chinese ones that sort of fit the bill but should i buy now this closeto xmas or do you think there will be better deals in the new year . Some of these phones I ve seen are either silly money 600/700squid or at the other end three G for 90 quids.

I think four g will be ok as its pretty speedy and I dont know what benefits are available on 5g except more speed so thats not a great concern to me .
cheers folks
Hold out for Black Friday?

hi dingerr , i dont want to buy off ebay as I have seen horror stories of odd phones being sold . I .e refurbs which have not been refurbed just unlocked and being an older phone than advertised being an it novice i wanted a reputable company and service .
what should i lo0ok for on ebay to avoid problems bro.?
To be honest I can’t give you sage advice on eBay. I’ve always gone for the latest iPhone, mainly because I can’t be arsed to think about it.

I think you get some form of protection with eBay and PayPal, but you’d have to look into the terms.

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
I got Ms21A and me sub £200 Huaweis last Christmas. Ms21A has the better phone with an excellent camera. I got a lower spec twin sim as I hate having two phones, work and own. But remember, 'you're never alone, with a Hughie phone.'

Slime

LE
Hi Troops,

cheers folks
I’ve bought phones from music magpie.
from my own experience their ‘pristine’ level phone are like brand new, and their ‘very good’ level are like how my brand new phones look after a couple of months.

I normally have two or three phones, and the music magpie deals are perfect for my work or outdoor phones.

As lots of people will get a brand new phone for Christmas I’d imagine a lot of phones will end up on music magpie straight after Christmas.

Just_plain_you

War Hero
Avoid cheap Chinese phones as they are likely to be laced with unremovable malware.

Have a look at www.techradar.co.uk I found a Samsung Galaxy S10e with unlimited calls and texts and 100Gb / month for £25 per month on a 24 month contract.

Hi Troops,

cheers folks
Buy a phone before Christmas?
Depends is it a Christmas present?

CC_TA

LE
Do you need a new phone before Xmas?

No; Don't buy one.
Yes: Buy one.

...Go to '3' and grab a Samsung J4+ £150 5G ready, memory card slot for extra if needed, easy to use.

EBay cheap no name Chinese phones often don't have the features or specs like memory they are advertised as, and some have malware installed from the factory.

Camm1

War Hero

No; Don't buy one.

...Go to '3' and grab a Samsung J4+ £150 5G ready, memory card slot for extra if needed, easy to use.
Wot he said. + have a look at giffgaff once you have your phone

No; Don't buy one.

I have a J4+, does everything that I need.

I got Ms21A and me sub £200 Huaweis last Christmas. Ms21A has the better phone with an excellent camera. I got a lower spec twin sim as I hate having two phones, work and own. But remember, 'you're never alone, with a Hughie phone.'
I have the P30 pro, it's a cracking phone. ;)

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
Mine is a P Smart dual Sim. Ms21A a Y7. Both were under £200, sim free and unlocked.

At £222 (depending on currency fluctuations) a little over your budget but a cracking deal use the code dhgatemi9tpro64321 for discount at the basket.

Latest Threads