Should I bother joining the gym?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Dashing_Chap, Jan 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just did a quick recce today to check out my local gym. A lot of the lads I work with go there & recommend it. I've never bothered to join a gym before, I much prefer to use my own weights & find it easier to become motivated & work out in the comfort of my own home. Though my weights aren't as good as the equiptment available.

The guy running the show looked like he knew what he was talking about, he was rather muscular, recommended short & energetic work outs rather than spending hours of lifting & also had all the fancy nutritional/createne mumbo-jumbo available. I imagine he'll also tell me what I should be doing, which will certainly help.

£30 a month, I guess I could go during my work break. Am I better saving the £30 & adding more to my own weights collection or should I join?

2. gross!! you poof!
  3. Did you look at his Penis?
  4. The question on everyones lips is surely, who gives a ****? Do you still live with your mum?
  5. 8O

Just stay at home then.

6. Are they shaven & salty?

No, just moved in with yours. :p

The reason I ask is because I've never joined a gym before & don't really have much of a clue what to expect. Does better equiptment- better workout?

7. This is a tough one......hmmmmm.

I consulted my magic 8 ball it said - Concentrate and ask again.

So i thinked and thinked and thinked some more, gave it a shake and turned it over and to answer your question is said - Cannot predict now.
  8. No it doesn't. I do circuits in my own home and run in the fresh air. Simply and it costs me fcuk all. I would suggest you do join a gym but as the towel boy as i think this would be just up your (back) street.

If you've moved in with my mom i hope you like sharing a living space with a metric ton of soil and earthworms.
  9. sweaty women in tight cloathing thats why - sorry forgot - you hunt c*cks on the net with your "mate" with a mailbu cocktail...... nuff said.
  10. If the next time you take a piss, it looks like your pissing out of your belly button join a gym.
  11. She did come across as a bit frigid, your sort of exercise may work for the cardio stuff, but I want to put on muscle mass so I can pose in my speedos. :wink:

12. I use a gym and am in it 5 or 6 times a week and mix it up between cardio, weights and swimming and it does the trick for me...though I don't especially enjoy working out around others, normally because they are using the equipment or space l want and get in the way! Though the ladies lycra clad arrses are quite nice to oogle, apart from this time of the year when all the hippos enroll to loose weight, but they tend to fall by the wayside by March! I would like to have the space to sort out a small gym at home... if you have got the right equipment at home and the space to workout then that set up can do the trick. You can get out and do some running for cardio and then weights at home. It doesn't take many free weights (and a bench) to work all muscles groups - there are enough books, magazines and this here t'internet to show you various exercises and programmes. So if you have the motivation to work out at home and do it properly then stick with that...the gym can be great for a specific personal program, one on one advice and they will push you in the right direction and monitor you (if they are any good).
  14. but I want to put on muscle mass so I can pose in my speedos = i am a weedy geek student in search of the acceptance of my harder, more manly, genetically superior military contemporaries.
  15. Ooo an intelligent response, ty.

With that in mind I may consider joining for a month & try to divulge as much info from the guy running the place as possible, with regards to the best potions & things to take.

My little pad isn't really big enough to fit the expensive equipment in, but I could get some more free weights later on.