Should I be outraged?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by BiscuitsAB, Mar 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

I've just bought a machine that was sold as;

"2 x AMD 2.0Ghz Processors (Twin CPU not Dual Core) - Blisteringly Fast"
    with 2Gb of DDR2 and a 512Mb Graphics card SATA hard drive @ 250Gb

What I got was a machine with an:

AMD Athlon x2 5000 ~2.2GHz Dual core Processor
    with everying thing else as is.

The shop assures me that the machine I received is superior to the one that I ordered and I should be grateful.

Should I be outraged or should I just STFU?

2. What's the problem? You've got more than you bargained for. Enjoy it!

3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Do you think so? I didn't think that a due core was as good as two seperate chips.

two chips at 2GHz each versus the one once chip (duo core) 2.2GHz

4. Dual core is two cores on the same circuit both clocked at 2.2Ghz each :wink:

5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Yes but its still only one chip. The advantage seems to be that you can upgrade from a single core to dual core without changing the mother board assuming you get the right chip (obviously) however its still only one chipset.

Twin proc means two chip therefore multiple chips ergo faster processing surely?

6. Wrong logic mate, it's effectively the cores to do the work. By integrating them together, rather than seperating them off into seperate entities, more can be achieved. Think of it as rather than having two people going back and forth, it's one person with two brains.

Edit: You should feck them for false advertising on the "blisteringly fast" comment though for 2.2, let alone 2 :D

7. Take off the heatsink and place fingers on chip when it's running- bet it will blister!

8. Mate of mine made his rig go bang, so he got an idea. He whipped off the heatsink and made a fryup on his CPU :D

9. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Mate I'm considering

the Fraud Act 2006 sections 2 and 3
    The supply of goods and services act 1982
    the Sales of goods act 1979 (as amended)
    and for good measure The Statutes of Fraud Act 1677 (just for the history of it!) although the 2006 act replaced it I think.

the bloke has a premises but also sell on e-bay. I've just found the same machine I paid for in seven different current listing all stating stock over 10 units. he should therefore have over 70 units in play and he has told me that he doesn't have one in stock and that I should be happy with the dual core.

If I wanted a dual core i'd have fcuking well bought a dual core but it wouldn't be one at 2.2Ghz it would be at least a 2.8GHz speed with 4 Gb of RAM .

10. 1. Fuck him good and proper, he's a sneaky little thieving bastard with no clue.
    2. Don't try to go for two seperate chips again, stick to dual/quad core :D 2 GB is fecking dire and below standard nowadays aswell.

Out of curiosity, what did the prick charge you? and what Gfx card did he lob in?

11. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

£239 which for a twin proc machine I thought was a god price. its got an ATI 512Mb card. 2Gb of DDR2 RaM and a 250Gb stat hdd.

But for a 2.2GHz dual core i'd have been looking to pay less than £170 and I'd consider £160 a bargin.

I need a new machine for work and want to put two tfts on it as im currently running this (p4 1.9GHz ) desktop and an Sony Vai0 (p4 2.8Ghz) both on my desk. I want to increase performance but also clear some space.

12. Yawn!!

13. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Well you killed that stone dead you boring cunt. :p

14. IM the boring Cnut? Whatever you say mate, although I believe that accolade has to go to GP after his last comment!