Should I be concerned about my build?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by andrewb19, Aug 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I know this may sound like a stupid question, but it's been playing on my mind for a while. I have messed up genes, because no matter what, my body and weight never change. I'm not particularly fat, nor am I skinny, nor am I toned - I'm 5'9 72kg 32" waist and I can run for miles and do press ups till the cows come home, but my build is shite. Is this something I should be worried about? Will most lads turning up to basic be buff or toned (such a gay question)?

2. In other words Lofty, you're perfectly normal, albeit, a bit titchy.
    Don't worry about your physique, you need go not show. As long as your body does what you ask of it, you've got nothing to worry about.

PS: Jarrod may ask you to send him pictures of yourself doing bollocky starjumps. Its not neccessary, and unless you have a taste for showtunes and manscara, its probably a road best left untravelled.

3. Your body will build what muscles it needs to help you hump bergens over hills. Thats kind of what Basic Training is all about, thats why its basic. If you can run lots and do press-ups then you should have nothing to worry about.

More worryingly, why are you fantasizing about buff, toned young recruits? Are you gay?

4. I can look "buff" really quickly (ooo, errr) and it ain't necessarily an advantage. If I don't get enough food (ie loads) I start to fall apart. Not having a racing fast metabolism isn't necessarily a bad thing.

5. Thats really good to hear. Btw, I'm not gay even though the question may cause doubts :lol: