should cinderella go to the ball?

Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by barbarasson, Nov 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Recently tasked with finding a guest for a CCF dinner. I thought a TA soldier who had been mobilised would be a good choice. Opinions?
  2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Unless your dinner is in Eyerack or the Ghan, I suggest you invite someone who has returned from mobilsation :wink:
  3. Yup get major mark Lancaster MP RE. Then he can tell the cadets what a load of incompetents the RAF movers are as well; two birds one stone!

Actually he is a good egg.
  4. A nice chap perhaps but, judging by his (badly written) letter complaining about the RAF, a little too muddle-headed and childish to be an MP and self-appointed representative of the TA.

A bad choice for a dinner party unless you can guarantee him access to the patio...
  5. I reckon thats a good idea mate, just ask your local TAC.
  6. Pogz
    Have you been moved by the RAF often? I have and it is nearly always rubbish. And at least he voluteered and has been on an Op tour unlike some (very)senior TA.
  7. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

I have the pleasure of knowing the good Major and can confirm that he is far from muddle-headed even after copious quantity of beers! As for childish, the letter was written in his capacity as an MP based on first hand experience. He did erceive a mild admonition from Adam Ingrams for not directing it to the MoD, but the official response is lodged in the House of Commons Library (and thus is in the public domain) and has highlighted some deficiencies that go straight back to that department as opposed to the RAF which now need to be addressed.

Sometimes in politics the best route to addressing an issue is not the most obvious. You would be nieve to assume that Maj Lancaster isn't acutely aware of this.
  8. LOL, but have you read the letter? It must have been written in the heat of the moment if it doesn't do his intellect justice. As it stands it doesn't recommend him as an after-dinner speaker!
  9. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Yes, I have.

Actually his dad is a great after dinner speaker. Not only is he a CofE vicar who started up a fireworks manufacturer, but he's also highly politically incorrect.
  10. That sounds more like it!