Should Bush and co be investigated?

Should the Bush admin be investigated for possible crimes they may have committed?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• don't know

• Total voters
From general reading of this in my bid to get a war crime thing started against TCB and Co, I reckon that they have bigger fish to fry at the moment in sorting the economy and they realise that. By the time the banking etc. is back on track, interest in a trial will have evaporated.

I suppose KevinB would be cheering on the investigation of his IRA / SF mates currently infesting Stormount for their crimes as well?

So the arch hypocrite once again going to think that somehow his terrorism mates are not terrorists even though they championed and actively took part in terrorism?

KevinB said:
Obama has signaled that most likely George W. Bush and his administration won't be investigated for possible crimes they have committed, because it is necessary to 'look forward.'

Is this the correct position to take - or should they be investigated? Paul Krugman details why he thinks they should be here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/16/opinion/16krugman.html?em
You should be investigated for your part in the murders of hundreds of innocent civilians. Hypocrite

OldRedCap said:
From general reading of this in my bid to get a war crime thing started against TCB and Co, I reckon that they have bigger fish to fry at the moment in sorting the economy and they realise that. By the time the banking etc. is back on track, interest in a trial will have evaporated.
Exactly my feeling on the matter, much as I think Bush and his admin should be investigated. But in US, not only would such a thing take energy and attention away from the solving the economic crisis but would also exacerbate the deep divisions here.

Dogface said:
Don't fool yourself just because "they" have you fooled. "They" are as I type this wasting $150,000,000 USD on a three day party to ring in the anointed one. A waste of obscene proportions.
Not in comparison to the illegal war that Bush and his administration led us all into.

Let him stand trial

Are you happy that men have good men have died and are still dying s a result of blatant lies?

Simple answer please, not arguing the law, just a simple answer

Well, because you editted your post before I began to respond for starters.

I don't need to demostrate here why our entry into Iraq, against the wishes of NATO and many of our own nations voting public do I?

Dogbreat has had it demonstrated to him on another thread that the war was unlawful. He has attempted to argue its legality on the basis of UN resolution 1441 which offers UN members the right to defend themselves in certain circumstances or to take steps to enforce UN resolutions-it does not specifically authorise force (enforcement through sanctions etc)

Dog, read the following article:

http://rinf.com/alt-news/war-terror...on-was-a-violation-of-international-law/4936/

Mighty_doh_nut said:

I don't need to demostrate here why our entry into Iraq, against the wishes of NATO and many of our own nations voting public do I?
And in a wider perspective; against the whishes of the U.N.

I'll step away, I always fall for the 'trying to reason with Dogface' method but soon realise I'm on ahiding to nothing.

There is no debating with the brainwashed and terminally stupid, and should have remembered why he carries an O2 tag

I'm locked in battle with him elsewhere and keep getting the "what law" question. I have demonstrated to him how international law works and the obligations being a member of the UN brings but he can't acknowledge it.

Dogface said:
Stanley1975 said:
Mighty_doh_nut said:

And in a wider perspective; against the whishes of the U.N.
Then the UN Security Council should not have passed its Resolution 1441 unaninously.
You probably refer to this part of the resolution:

13. Recalls, in that context, that the Council has repeatedly warned Iraq that it will face serious consequences as a result of its continued violations of its obligations;
My bold. I miss the "all necessary means" in this resolution.

Dogface said:
Then the UN Security Council should not have passed its Resolution 1441 unaninously.
Thats right, its everybody elses fault.

I'd be able to scratch an ounce of respect for him if he stood up and said 'Yep, i over egged it and its a clusterfcuk' but instead he opts to give Blair an award instead of taking his head off with a sithe.

Utter throbbers the pair of them and I only hope they are called to account.

Mighty_doh_nut said:
Dogface said:
Thats right, its everybody elses fault.

I'd be able to scratch an ounce of respect for him if he stood up and said 'Yep, i over egged it and its a clusterfcuk' but instead he opts to give Blair an award instead of taking his head off with a sithe.

Utter throbbers the pair of them and I only hope they are called to account.
I think you'll find that since Iraq turned out to be a disaster, with no WMD to be found, tens of thousands of civilians dead, thousands of "coalition" troops dead, and even the PNAC skunks themselves now admitting it was all about oil in the first place and Iraq would have been invaded whatever it did, the useful idiots who supported the war have absolutely nowhere to hide — except in repeating rubbish about UN resolutions or mouthing on about nasty old Saddam's use of chemical weapons (carefully forgetting who supported him and supplied the stuff in the first place).

The pro-war brigade are the best proof you could wish for, that there's nothing uglier and more ridiculous than a man who won't admit he's wrong even when caught red-handed. While bloggers in this vein are generally pretty pathetic (as you've discovered) there are some prominent writers who try do exactly the same — possibly the most shameless being Andrew Roberts, the "historian"... if rewriting swatches of historical fact can be said to justify calling oneself such.

Nancy Pelosi says she wants Bush and co. investigated - specifically in reference to the firing of certain federal prosecutors...

"House Speaker Nancy Pelosi wants an investigation into whether the Bush administration broke the law when it fired a group of federal prosecutors.

She says that what she calls the politicizing of the Justice Department cannot go unreviewed."

http://www.kansascity.com/449/story/987685.html

Whether she is just playing bad cop to Obama's good cop remains to be seen.

KevinB said:
Obama has signaled that most likely George W. Bush and his administration won't be investigated for possible crimes they have committed, because it is necessary to 'look forward.'

Is this the correct position to take - or should they be investigated? Paul Krugman details why he thinks they should be here:

Your presence here is abhorrent.

Whilst thinking that actually the authorization for GW2 was UNSCR 678 (which is why no legal challenge stands a hope despite what the anti-Bush camp might think) may I just say KevinB is a terrorist supporting scum-bag?

KevinB said:

Cant be arsed to read the whole thread BUT GW should only be investigated if I can Bayonet That Cunt Macguiness and That Cunt Adams in the throat daily for the rest of my life