ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Sven said:
Auld-Yin said:
Sven said:
Biped said:
That may happen. Shiny-boy is another bliar and I think people have had enough of that type of politician. I would imagine the cons will get in either way but with a small margin, with the lib-dems taking the majority of what is left.

If this lot get in for another terms, me and the good lady wife are packing our bags.
Would that make You a political immigrant?
No, it would make him a political emmigrant. :thumleft:
In thailand He is an immigrant.

I just find it a little uncomfortable that people complain about immigration in this country whilst residing in another country where he is similarly labelled
Sven - you seem to feel uncomfortable about most things :crash:

here:
The Times said:
February 05, 2007

Three likely to face charges in Labour loans investigation
Rajeev Syal, Greg Hurst and Angus McLeod
Three people are likely to face criminal charges arising from the 11-month police investigation into claims that Downing Street improperly offered honours in return for donations.

Crown Prosecution Service lawyers have received files from the police indicating that charges should be brought against three people, although the inquiry is continuing.

“I would be very surprised if they are not charged,” a prosecution source told The Times. The same source said that Tony Blair was likely to be interviewed by the police for a third time because he had yet to answer certain questions.

The three whose position is most serious are those who have already been arrested during the inquiry. Lord Levy, the chief Labour fundraiser and Mr Blair’s Middle East envoy, was arrested twice: in July last year in connection with the misuse of honours and last week, over allegations of perverting the course of justice. Ruth Turner, the No 10 director of government relations, was arrested last month when police called at her home at 6.30am and questioned her for four hours, on suspicion of perverting the course of justice as well as the alleged misuse of honours.

Sir Christopher Evans, the founder of Merlin Biosciences, who secretly lent Labour £1 million before the 2005 general election, was arrested last September. He is the only Labour donor to have been held during the investigation.

All three were released without charge and have insisted during the inquiry that they had done nothing wrong.

Mr Blair’s position, which is already precarious, would be greatly weakened if any of his aides or advisers were charged and MPs asked privately yesterday whether he could remain in charge while people working for him were awaiting trial. Some suggested that Mr Blair should make a statement soon confirming his departure date, arguing that if he had not done so when charges were brought he risked the appearance of being forced from office in humiliating circumstances.

The investigation is still expected to end next month, when final files will be submitted to the CPS. The police are still awaiting information from Mr Blair, hence the likelihood of a third interview with him.

When questioned by detectives for a second time on Friday about allegations that some of his staff or advisers sought to pervert the course of justice, Mr Blair told them that he could not immediately provide answers to some of their questions. He undertook to get back to them in due course.

A CPS source said that the case had been strengthened by the testimony of John McTernan, the Prime Minister’s director of political operations, who gave a different account of discussions about honours from that given by other Downing Street figures questioned.

Mr McTernan angrily dismissed speculation yesterday that he had supplied the police with a personal diary, saying that he did not keep one, nor had he acted as a “mole” within Downing Street, alerting the police to deleted e-mails and other evidence.

bebo

Clanker
I have only just read this thread so I apologise for the late entry but I was interesting in putting my point in.

I think change in government is always a good thing after a prolonged period in power. Government's that get too complacement get sloppy. I say change is good as a general statement and not just because Blair happens to be in power.

LtTrousersnake

Old-Salt
Sven said:
Biped said:
The tories were not credible in 2005, and admittedly with shiny-boy they aren't much more credible now, but I don't honestly believe that the great unwashed will stand for any further destruction of our great country at the hands of these thieving, lying, corrupt officials.
Obviously I disagree. I am looking forward to a Hung Government with the Lib Dems having made seerious inroads into both Tory and Labour constituencies
The lib dems are f*cking useless! Charles Kennedy was a drunkard but he took with him the character and the integrity of the party! You now have some of the youngest and most annoying faces in westminister! Tune in to question time some time and listen to the shit the lib dems speak!

No substance, no style! Apart from Charles Kennedy! He was OK and trustworthy!

Sven

LE
LtTrousersnake said:
Sven said:
Biped said:
The tories were not credible in 2005, and admittedly with shiny-boy they aren't much more credible now, but I don't honestly believe that the great unwashed will stand for any further destruction of our great country at the hands of these thieving, lying, corrupt officials.
Obviously I disagree. I am looking forward to a Hung Government with the Lib Dems having made seerious inroads into both Tory and Labour constituencies
The lib dems are f*cking useless! Charles Kennedy was a drunkard but he took with him the character and the integrity of the party! You now have some of the youngest and most annoying faces in westminister! Tune in to question time some time and listen to the s*** the lib dems speak!

I tune in to Question Time almost every week and with the exception of Iraq I agree with nearly everything that is said by the Lib Dem spokespeople

LtTrousersnake

Old-Salt
Sven said:
LtTrousersnake said:
Sven said:
Biped said:
The lib dems are f*cking useless! Charles Kennedy was a drunkard but he took with him the character and the integrity of the party! You now have some of the youngest and most annoying faces in westminister! Tune in to question time some time and listen to the s*** the lib dems speak!

I tune in to Question Time almost every week and with the exception of Iraq I agree with nearly everything that is said by the Lib Dem spokespeople
That is why democracy is such a great gift, everyone votes for who they feel will do the best job. I personally think that most of the things said on question time, by all the panel members, are agreeable.

Watch prime ministers question time as well, it will give you a different perspective on all the political parties.

Remember, that our democarcy does not elect the individual party leader, but the leading party. Labour themselves are to blame for Bliar. He is not a democratically elected leader of Great Britain in the true meaning of the word.

spor82 said:
answer to the original forum post - yes (do not pass go, do not collect £200 !!! you C@nt ! )
But what would the consequences of Blair's departure be?

Firstly, what's left of New Labour would go with him, either voluntarily or having been shown the door by Gordon. What will fill the vacum? I suspect the leading lights of the loony left will be invited into the cabinet.

Secondly, Gordon will have to go cap in hand to the unions to bail the party out of the debt it has accumulated and to fund the next election campaign. What will the unions want in return? A return of the closed shop? Legal immunity for striking unions? Cabinet posts for union barons?

Thirdly, PM Broon will be completely free to indulge his wealth redistribution fantasies via the tax and benefits systems. Stand by for massive tax increases, greater welfare dependency and whats left of UK industry relocating abroad.

So, with the unions in charge and the economy in the toilet we will return, "Life on Mars" style to 1979.

I always thought Tony & Gordon sort of balanced one another out a bit. Gordon stopped Tony making a tw@t of himself trying to order a Boeing 777 as his personal jet and thinking the mushy peas in chip shops was advocado mousse. Tony stopped Gordon liquidating the UK and giving the money to Bono to 'lift Africa out of poverty'.

With the balance gone, things can only get worse. As the old song goes 'There may be trouble ahead ....'

Latest Threads