Should all grunts be better educated

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by lastcolonial, Mar 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Should all grunts be better educated, and if so, would they do the job, or, would you only be employing Psychos.......or South Africans?
  2. Why? For the love of god why?
  3. RezzaDue

RezzaDue Old-Salt Book Reviewer

If they were then the emperor mong thread wouldnt exist and that would remove hours of laughing at others mistakes
    I say have more of them with less quals ! :)
  4. If grunts were better educated they would cease to be grunts, what would you like them to be, dentists, veterinary surgeons?

I need a volunteer to go on patrol,. Err not me sarge Im removing a lions ingrown toe nail tomorrow.

Im removing 4 wisdom teeth in 4 hours sarge, can you excuse me.

Oh, WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DRINKING? I want some
  5. The army should actively recruit Downs sufferers. Piggy eyes and pools of saliva aside, they'd still cost less to equip with headgear than those locker-headed Fijian *****.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Wah shield on.

Define grunt. And define better educated.

Most lads in my regiment have a good spread of GCSEs, usually at A-D grade, some have got A levels and there's a few oddballs mincing round with degrees.

Wah shield of.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Clearly the Household Division believed that Officers should be in the early '90s - a useless twat in my intake in RMAS had a full career commission before he started the course with a degree in theatre studies.

I believe that all toms in the Parachute Regiment should have MScs in Domestic Science, and Soap Opera Studies before even being considered fit to enter the ACIO. I can't speak for other regiments or corps, but I would have thought that a good degree in chemical engineering should be the minimum entry requirement for Pioneer Corps types digging latrines.
  8. If it helps them to:
    1) Realise that the amount of money they receive at the start of the month should be eked out until the end of the month.
    2) Cap badges/berets are not fashion statements. (Parachute Regiment and 45 Cdo RM excepted of course.)
    3) Signing on the dotted line means you agree to do as you're facking telt!
    Then I'm all for 'grunts', gravs, and other PBI being taught the 3Rs
    • Like Like x 2
  9. There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that the Emperor has any less influence upon the educated. The only difference an education makes is that one is inclined to say "Oh, Feck!!" before the brown stuff hits the fan rather then after it does. Indeed, there is a case to be made that having an education makes one more likely to realize that it was indeed the Emperor who spoke ...

I'm all for improving the education of ORs (and officers) - it will give them something different different to talk about between thrapping one out on stag.
  10. Encourage diversity,gender equality,reduce unemployment, provide cheap labour for tent erecting, beating bushes, litter picking (and other miscellaneous tasks) reduce the cost of tertiary education, criminality, NHS and Welfare dependency and many, many other benfits including supporting the TA. Bring back National Service.
    Those who survive can then be selected for education with confidence
  11. I think with a sh*thouse economy that troops will be better educated anyway.

Good thing? Yes as a real thicko with a weapon is bloody frightening.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Soldiers in general are constantly getting better educated, in my view. Especially with today's kit and tactics, you have to be brighter than back in the day, when the bayonet charge was the height of military thinking!
  13. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Commonwealth bods have to jump through a lot more hoops and spend a lot more dosh than locals to join - so you're probably going to get the complete throbbers seperated out before they arrive on day one.
  14. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

15. It is better to keep ones mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and confirm that fact..... Should be taught to baby Ruperts that one..

Grunts are getting smart..... one day soon they'll realise the rest of the Armed forces, who's whole reason for being is because of them, are actually pretty dumb. :)
    • Like Like x 1