Should abortion be illegal? AKA Roe vs Wade

Should abortion be made illegal?

• Yes

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 169 92.9%

• Total voters
No, fetal viability is considered to occur at, roughly 24 weeks. Earlier restrictions are not necessarily based upon that.
But there are plenty of cases where premature babies have been born before this time and lived.
My god daughter is one.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Let's face it Bugsy, you have failed in life maybe it would have been better for you to have been aborted.
Stop being a tiresome one trick pony and stick to the topic. You may have noticed that there are several posters who are getting sick of your constant thread derailing.

But there are plenty of cases where premature babies have been born before this time and lived.
My god daughter is one.
I am sure so but a limit has to be set somewhere and I am comfortable, morally and scientifically, with 24 weeks.

I am sure so but a limit has to be set somewhere and I am comfortable, morally and scientifically, with 24 weeks.
Good for you - now let the States get input from the constituents and decide how to make some laws appropriate for that state.

California will still be blending up babies at the end of term and some southern states will have a very strict criteria at any stage.

Eyes_Right

Old-Salt
Good for you - now let the States get input from the constituents and decide how to make some laws appropriate for that state.

California will still be blending up babies at the end of term and some southern states will have a very strict criteria at any stage.

Unfortunately, after the result in Kansas 2 weeks ago, that probably wont be happening in most states. The Kansas voters got to decide the constitutionality of an abortion ban within the state, and 60% of them said no, they did not want a ban on abortions. Last week in Indiana, the state legislature got to vote on a similar ban and they voted almost straight down party lines. All the votes for a ban were from Republican lawmakers and the Democrats were joined by 9 Republicans in voting against a ban. The ban (in the Indiana House) was carried 62-38. It was almost a repeat exercise at the Indiana Senate level, again, all the votes for a ban (28 were from Republican lawmakers and the Democrats were joined by 9 Republicans in voting against (19) a ban.

Somthing, something, "We the people..."

Unfortunately, after the result in Kansas 2 weeks ago, that probably wont be happening in most states. The Kansas voters got to decide the constitutionality of an abortion ban within the state, and 60% of them said no, they did not want a ban on abortions. Last week in Indiana, the state legislature got to vote on a similar ban and they voted almost straight down party lines. All the votes for a ban were from Republican lawmakers and the Democrats were joined by 9 Republicans in voting against a ban. The ban (in the Indiana House) was carried 62-38. It was almost a repeat exercise at the Indiana Senate level, again, all the votes for a ban (28 were from Republican lawmakers and the Democrats were joined by 9 Republicans in voting against (19) a ban.

Somthing, something, "We the people..."

What won’t be happening? The politicians are elected by the people - don’t do what the majority of your constituents want, and you won’t last long.

Here in Germany you can only get an abortion up to the twelve week mark. After that it's illegal. I don't see anyone grinding their teeth over that.
Probably wouldn’t here either - it’s the same as ‘common sense Gun control’. The nutters push it to the extreme limit, disregarding the constitution and real common sense and it becomes a policy that only gains in severity.