Should abortion be illegal? AKA Roe vs Wade

Should abortion be made illegal?

• Yes

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 169 92.9%

• Total voters
Don't be obtuse.

I have no issue with abortion being regulated - for example term limits based upon medical advice, with exceptions where life threatening etc. Just like, in fact, we have in the UK.

To deny a woman the right to make the choice whether or not to have a baby, that is obscene.
To be clear you are happy for it to be regulated but only if it fits your rules?

Stacker doesn't care either way. He just argues for argument's sake. I'm a little surprised that he keeps reeling people in.

I'm not arguing about abortion, I'm arguing about people who only believe in democracy when it provides rules that they agree with.

I'd rather the Woman take responsibility for getting pregnant (again not counting rape)

Personal Responsibility
So would I. However, it's not the world that we live in.
by the way you seem to assume a child will be a criminal, interesting do you also believe in eugenics?
No, I didn't say anything about eugenics. There is a correlation between lack of parental involvement and later criminal behaviour.

And they never will, by the way you assume the religious right are all democrats. Plenty of fire and brimstone black pastors in the democratic party. And Hispanics tend to be against abortion also as well as religious
I make no such assumption, nor do I assume that they are all GOP supporters, that's why I separated them in my statement.

I do hope that all the God Botherers are reminded about the separation of church and state in an increasingly secular world.

To be clear you are happy for it to be regulated but only if it fits your rules?
No, you ******* moron, I support it, full stop, within medical guidelines.

No, you ******* moron, I support it, full stop, within medical guidelines.

You are aware that various countries have various time lines for abortions, perhaps you can explain which ones are right and which ones are are wrong?

Heres Florida having a 15 week rule, boo hiss, the Americans dont pay any attention to medical guidelines.

Heres the nice enlightened French extending abortion from 12 weeks to errrr 14 weeks.

Which one is medically right?

24 weeks is the generally accepted time at which a foetus is considered viable. That is why many countries have that as a limit beyond which legal dispensation must be granted for a procedure. I would agree with that number.

24 weeks is the generally accepted time at which a foetus is considered viable. That is why many countries have that as a limit beyond which legal dispensation must be granted for a procedure. I would agree with that number.

Seems that 24 weeks is only "generally accepted" in some countries.

Strange how those countries clearly don't have any medical experts.

Seems that 24 weeks is only "generally accepted" in some countries.

Strange how those countries clearly don't have any medical experts.
Well, I accept it.

Doctors don't make the laws. Politicians do.
As the timelines are different all over the world it appears that medical advice varies.

Doctors don't make the laws. Politicians do.
As the timelines are different all over the world it appears that medical advice varies.
No, fetal viability is considered to occur at, roughly 24 weeks. Earlier restrictions are not necessarily based upon that.

No, fetal viability is considered to occur at, roughly 24 weeks. Earlier restrictions are not necessarily based upon that.

So these earlier restrictions in a great many other countries are wrong?

In Canada you can legally get an abortion at anytime during the pregnancy although no provider currently goes past 24 weeks

As for the 24 week rule, I guess Curtis Means is happy his parents didnt decide to abort in week 22.

I see Stackers bored again.

Merely pointing out that some people dont like democracy unless it produces the results they agree with.