Should abortion be illegal? AKA Roe vs Wade

Should abortion be made illegal?

• Yes

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 169 92.9%

• Total voters
Are you saying that the SC should have decided to regulate people bodies instead?
No, I'm saying that it should never have become an issue in the first place because the issue was never about the devolvement of decision making.

I know its hard for you but do try and keep up.

No, I'm saying that it should never have become an issue in the first place because the issue was never about the devolvement of decision making.

I know its hard for you but do try and keep up.
So who should have made the decision? It's a simple question.

The only person who can't keep up are those who don't like democracy when it decides something that they don't like.

The only person who can't keep up are those who don't like democracy when it decides something that they don't like.
There's been a lot of that - Like when Trump won the election, or when Biden won the election.

It seems to me that people of all flavours just really, really like whinging.

As I have said before, it should have been encoded into law decades ago. Complacency got in the way. Its obscene that it has become an issue again.

The only person who can't keep up are those who don't like democracy when it decides something that they don'tIsn’t the poll about what people think rather than the decision made over the pond?

I apologise I havnt read the 65 pages in full but, and this isn’t pointed at you, but the debate should be about the posters opinion on abortion, not the process the Americans took to get there?

Or is this an American Bible Bashers bashing thread?

I only post that because the few posts I read are people slating others which tends to get back to Americans (Roe vs Wade) which It seems it’s now challenging American ‘Democracy’.

To nail my colours to the mask, I do not know where the line is drawn from termination prior to birth or killing a human, it is certainly not at birth as that can happen months earlier than 9 months.

However, I also agree with abortion in theory but considering above.

Maybe I will just sit on the fence until I experience it and can speak from experience, not the bible, theoretical physics, moral outrage etc.

Just to be clear, I don’t believe Abortion is right in every stage of pregnancy because I can’t accept terminating a new born and people give birth months early and they live, I just don’t know where the line is, I do believe at some point termination is fine, morning after pill, it’s still a fertilised egg and the start of life but I don’t consider it a life.

I was actually totally pro abortion before I started writing this!

Last edited:
As I have said before, it should have been encoded into law decades ago. Complacency got in the way. Its obscene that it has become an issue again.
Encoded by who? Democratically elected people who may or may not have religious views?
You do agree that some politiicans should regulate other people's access to abortion.

Encoded by who? Democratically elected people who may or may not have religious views?
You do agree that some politiicans should regulate other people's access to abortion.
Don't be obtuse.

I have no issue with abortion being regulated - for example term limits based upon medical advice, with exceptions where life threatening etc. Just like, in fact, we have in the UK.

To deny a woman the right to make the choice whether or not to have a baby, that is obscene.

Don't be obtuse.

I have no issue with abortion being regulated - for example term limits based upon medical advice, with exceptions where life threatening etc. Just like, in fact, we have in the UK.

To deny a woman the right to make the choice whether or not to have a baby, that is obscene.
She had the choice to become pregnant in the first place unless it was rape, otherwise her own negligence is responsible

She had the choice to become pregnant in the first place unless it was rape, otherwise her own negligence is responsible
Don't be such a twat,

Would you rather the state pays to terminate a foetus or pays to raise a child to 16 with the associated risk of criminality from a (probably single parent) family that doesn't really want a child? Then pay the associated bill of incarcerating that child after its likely poor choices as an adult?

It seems that the GOP and the religious right aren't going to get it all their own way.
And they never will, by the way you assume the religious right are all democrats. Plenty of fire and brimstone black pastors in the democratic party. And Hispanics tend to be against abortion also as well as religious

endure

GCM
Would you rather the state pays to terminate a foetus or pays to raise a child to 16 with the associated risk of criminality from a (probably single parent) family that doesn't really want a child? Then pay the associated bill of incarcerating that child after its likely poor choices as an adult?
Stacker doesn't care either way. He just argues for argument's sake. I'm a little surprised that he keeps reeling people in.

I'd rather the Woman take responsibility for getting pregnant (again not counting rape)

Personal Responsibility

by the way you seem to assume a child will be a criminal, interesting do you also believe in eugenics?

I'd rather the Woman take responsibility for getting pregnant (again not counting rape)

Personal Responsibility

by the way you seem to assume a child will be a criminal, interesting do you also believe in eugenics?
What about the man who impregnates her? Doesn't he have any responsibility?
What about birth control (none of which is 100% effective) is that her responsibility too?
Did you practice abstinence before marriage?

How about, and as the father of daughters I am 100% behind this, all boys have vasectomies at birth (most of them are, after all, reversible) and they can have their tubes re=attached when they get married. Would you have any problem with that?