Should abortion be made illegal?

• Yes

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 169 92.9%

• Total voters

WhiteCrane

War Hero
So the people that reside in individual states should not be able to follow the Constitution and determine how to conduct their own affairs?

Why in the hell would I want the residents of California to decide issues that don't impact them in a State they don't reside in? Why would Californians want our Residents to determine what is important to them?
These powers are granted to the States so that the Republic can endure...least members decide they are better off leaving. Like your country and the EU.

Isn't that why the UK left the EU? To be able to plot your own course and not be subject to the whims of people who don't live in the UK?
The British Government used to do that with Scotland, use them to vote for stuff that the British didn't want. Then bribe the Scottish people. You see the Scots could vote against Britain, but the Brits couldn't vote against Scotland. It was normally stuff like health care.

The British Government used to do that with Scotland, use them to vote for stuff that the British didn't want. Then bribe the Scottish people. You see the Scots could vote against Britain, but the Brits couldn't vote against Scotland. It was normally stuff like health care.
Well that sounds fair...

Just a point, why is there no action on the infant mortality rate? Last year the US had 28.771 deaths per 1000 live births, just one percentage point lower than India the UK 3.057 deaths per 1000 live births.
where did you get 28 from? Google is showing 5.5 per 1000 for infant mortality.

Wrong. Jonesy said that choice of party is as simple as the voter's opinion on abortion. I asked what happened if the voter identified with one party on one issue and another party on another issue.

You're the one who went jumping to conclusions, read things into my post that weren't there and are now trying to tell me what I think. Putting it IN CAPITALS doesn't make you any less wrong.

Wrong. Jonesy said that choice of party is as simple as the voter's opinion on abortion. I asked what happened if the voter identified with one party on one issue and another party on another issue.

You're the one who went jumping to conclusions, read things into my post that weren't there and are now trying to tell me what I think. Putting it IN CAPITALS doesn't make you any less wrong.
You're still wrong and the written diarrhea you post doesn't change that.

You're still wrong and the written diarrhea you post doesn't change that.
OK, you carry on making shit up. Any more of my opinions you want to tell me?

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
It is not possible to list the reasons for why you are wrong, the analogy in your last paragraph is especially misplaced and muddled. The decision by the supreme court was not a judgement on a technicality.
In your rush to correct me, I'm afraid the point went sailing over your head old bean.

Not sure comprehension is your forte, so I will type slower.

I was saying that the overturning of RvW, whilst in law may be correct, it is not the right thing to do. I will add morally, ethically or humanly.

If Amendments were that easy to repeal then why has it only happened once?
If Amendments are so impossible to repeal, why has it happened at all?

You introduced the strawman argument of pain and suffering. Your orignal argument was that women should be allowed to abort children because they make the mother poor. I asked if you'd be happy to allow me to kill my wife if she had a debilitating illness that would make me poor. You said yes.
You are morally bankrupt.
Ahh....I stand corrected, I didn't realise your quote narrowed the conversation to 'offing my wife cos with her I'll be poor, without her I'd be rich monetarily wise'...

Because some wonderful individuals decided to ban alcohol...
And others managed to perform the impossible to undo it!

It's a miracle!

Latest Threads