Should abortion be illegal? AKA Roe vs Wade

Should abortion be made illegal?

• Yes

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 170 92.9%

• Total voters
Personally I think the whole constitution needs rewriting for the 21st century in respect of social and economic development since the late 1700s and the easy availability of the AR15.

Quite the best proposal for a long time. The whole problem of course, is that their Constitution is 'written'. Wholly past its shelf-life nevertheless.

Here's an interesting conundrum highlighted by my US forum associates...

Within Jewish religious law it is stated that abortion is permissible and even required when the life or health of the mother is at risk. Religious freedom is a US constitutional right. Consequently, in Florida a synagogue is suing the state as a consequence of the state reducing the time period for abortion to 15 weeks because it violates the privacy and religious freedoms of Jewish women.

https://www.jewishexponent.com/2022...ortion-limits-with-religious-freedom-lawsuit/

I'm not sure about this as Florida does still allow abortion, albeit on a shorter timescale than previously, but it could be said that there is the unconstitutional imposition of Christian fundamentalist beliefs over Judaism.

Personally I think the whole constitution needs rewriting for the 21st century in respect of social and economic development since the late 1700s and the easy availability of the AR15.
If one tried your course of action the US would split up in short order.

Very well possible.
But we might have a silver lining.
The radical left is on course to get decimated and hopefully their ideology is contained to NYC and LA
I have to agree that in certain respects, the world is a safer place viewed from the 'right'. Just need to be a bit more choosy about the candidate.

I have to agree that in certain respects, the world is a safer place viewed from the 'right'. Just need to be a bit more choosy about the candidate.
Well let’s be honest, the best don’t run for office. We just make do with the least crap option.

But old Joe has managed to show us what terrible really is and what his party offers.

Last edited:
You could argue the same for the more lunatic fringe of the Democrats following outdated marxism/ communist manifesto.

Speaking of such, apparently in 2007 Obama promised if elected he would pass the Freedom Of Choice Act which really would enshrine abortions in American law. Strangely he forgot about it once elected!

The Dems will never pass a law like that, abortion is too much of a donation-raiser issue for them.

How is the British L1A1 not, an assault weapon ?
It fits the category that we now call "Battle Rifle."

There is no global agreement on the definition of "assault rifle" but most agree that it is a rifle chambered for an intermediate cartridge, with full auto/semi auto options (and possibly burst fire), detachable large capacity magazine, bayonet fitting (lug or folded) and other stuff that I can't think of right now.

Is that not a contradiction? Surely it can't both be a 'non issue' but 'inflames the passions'?
It is an emotional issue.

But the fact of the matter is that an area bigger than the UK has one clinic in Jackson, that provides abortions. With a 2nd potential in Casper in six months plus. The vast majority of pro choice believers would end up going to Colorado regardless. As Jackson is city that is mostly inaccessible to most residents.

bestri10

War Hero

There is no global agreement on the definition of "assault rifle" but most agree that it is a rifle chambered for an intermediate cartridge, with full auto/semi auto options (and possibly burst fire), detachable large capacity magazine, bayonet fitting (lug or folded) and other stuff that I can't think of right now.
Not that i know too much about rifles but i always just assumed they were called 'automatic rifles' and the term 'assault rifle' was something usually used in games.

Terms invented to frighten the masses

Much as in the 1970's when a "Saturday Night Special" was an evil handgun because it was cheap. No matter they were what poor people bought to defend themselves. No one tried to ban S&W model 29's or Colt Pythons (which were expensive), but a simple H&R pocket .22 or .32 was evil.

''Assault Weapon'' was deliberately used to frighten and confuse people into thinking they were selective fire weapons

I thought that in some states that it was specifically illegal to go to NY to get an abortion?
Cant see that passing legal muster- have you seen checkpoints stopping women at US airports, train, bus stations and highway TCP's doing so?

Neither have I

Latest Threads