Shots heard in House of Representatives Capitol office

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by DrStealth, May 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

either the rent-a-cops got bored and had a bit of target practice, or the Republican coup attemp didnt know all the Dems were on holiday and shot up thier empty offices.
  2. What are the bets that it was a multiple ND. :? :?

3. Maybe it's someone doing the decent thing, and taking the HoR .45 for a walk?
  4. How can they tell the difference?
  5. Hmmmm.....US Postal Service delivering to the door on a Friday afternoon? It could happen......
  6. I hope it wasn't Donald Rumsfeld taking the honourable way out.
  7. Maybe he saw a duck.
  8. To feed the conspiracy:

If only one person phoned in the report, and that number of armed men flooded the area, what happens if a report gets called in once a week? Terrorism clearly works, The American seat of power was afraid today. How often do hoaxes have to happen before the response is minimal?
  9. Two women ran outside screaming that a gunmen was on the loose (who they never apparently saw)

Cue lots of cops in SWAT gear swarming all over the place.
  10. and how many times have the tube trains been canceled and stations empted over the last two decades before the real terror attacks happened?
    i remember having to walk a long way home a few times when i was living in london 8-10 years ago because of hoaxes.
  11. Far more than they are now. There are bomb threats phoned in all over the US on a daily basis and have been for many years. The vast majority are taken quite seriously. This sort of thing has become a fact of life and the concerned agencies have incorporated responses into their operations. That would include just the scenario you are positing as well.
  12. Breaking News!!! VP Chaney was rehearsing for his weekend duck hunt.
  13. The 2nd Amendment of the Bill of Rights: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the Right of the people to Keep and Bear Arms and workmen's tools including nail guns shall not be infringed."

I think it needs another amendment.