Shots fired in Tel Aviv Embassy

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by beemer007, Aug 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. mattyw

mattyw Old-Salt Reviewer

That reigion is about to go tits up.
  2. Call me old fashioned but isn't the best place to find Jews in Tel Aviv outside the Turkish embassy?
  3. That'll be a suicide hostage-taker then. Then again, that might be his point. Oh dear. I hope more temperate minds in Tel Aviv are deciding on the outcomes here. The bigger picture scenario doesn't really bear thinking about.
  4. Caecilius

Caecilius LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

He's in the Turkish embassy, so it will be Turkish-Israeli cooperation that takes him down. That should be intersting to watch.
  5. Could be a cunning plot by the Israelis themselves.

You know, send in a guy making strong demands, who then does very poorly when the IDF storms the building. Gets carried out as a corps but miraculously recovers and is promoted to major.

Turkey was Israel's best friend in the region until recently. Israel would desperately love to get them back onside.
  6. I don't know, but does the bloke have a big, droopy moustache, a Croydon accent and a beret with both SAS & Para badges on it? I hear the Baron is now a soldier of fortune.
  7. You didn't read the link then? He's just some random mentalist, not a modern day Gavrilo Princip. Nothing to see here.
  8. mattyw

mattyw Old-Salt Reviewer

Yes I did read the link and I still stand by my post, I refer you to this news paper
    'Israel has 8 days to strike Iran' in which Iran is about to turn up the heat.
  9. Very sharp observation! You had me laughing there :)
  10. With respect John Boulton, Fox News and the Jerusalem Post are not exactly reliable combat indicators for impending armageddon, mate. It's a hard call to decide which of them is more full of sh*t.
  11. I respect the Israeli's don't take shit off anyone or worry about world opinion. They would have wiped XMG off the face of the earth and the scum rather than sit back & take it like we did. Yanks would have done it (everywhere), Russans would have done it (Chechnia), Frogs would have done it (Rainbow Warrior) and the Box Heads never shirked from doing it 39-45.

They will take those Iranian reactors out because, after years of debate, sometimes force is the only thing that counts.
  12. You really don't like Israel do you!

If you want to concoct conspiracies, apparently the guy was a member of 49 Para :)
  13. Erm, Arik, does one have to like it? lol
  14. Actually, it was a joke.

I've been waiting for you to respond so I can offer another possibility:-

It's really a fundamental Turkish nationalist upset at the lack of response by Ankara to the recent Israeli assault and killings on the aid ship. By taking this action, he's hoping to force Ankara into a tougher stance with Tel Aviv.

Lighten up Arik. :)

PS. Actually he's an ex donkey walloper and now ex-officio member of 16/9 Para - also know as 'Black Para' or 'September Para'. :wink: