Shots fired in Tel Aviv Embassy

That'll be a suicide hostage-taker then. Then again, that might be his point. Oh dear. I hope more temperate minds in Tel Aviv are deciding on the outcomes here. The bigger picture scenario doesn't really bear thinking about.

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
That'll be a suicide hostage-taker then. Then again, that might be his point. Oh dear. I hope more temperate minds in Tel Aviv are deciding on the outcomes here. The bigger picture scenario doesn't really bear thinking about.
He's in the Turkish embassy, so it will be Turkish-Israeli cooperation that takes him down. That should be intersting to watch.

Caecilius said:
He's in the Turkish embassy, so it will be Turkish-Israeli cooperation that takes him down. That should be intersting to watch.
Could be a cunning plot by the Israelis themselves.

You know, send in a guy making strong demands, who then does very poorly when the IDF storms the building. Gets carried out as a corps but miraculously recovers and is promoted to major.

Turkey was Israel's best friend in the region until recently. Israel would desperately love to get them back onside.

Call me old fashioned but isn't the best place to find Jews in Tel Aviv outside the Turkish embassy?
I don't know, but does the bloke have a big, droopy moustache, a Croydon accent and a beret with both SAS & Para badges on it? I hear the Baron is now a soldier of fortune.

Call me old fashioned but isn't the best place to find Jews in Tel Aviv outside the Turkish embassy?
Very sharp observation! You had me laughing there :)

I respect the Israeli's don't take shit off anyone or worry about world opinion. They would have wiped XMG off the face of the earth and the scum rather than sit back & take it like we did. Yanks would have done it (everywhere), Russans would have done it (Chechnia), Frogs would have done it (Rainbow Warrior) and the Box Heads never shirked from doing it 39-45.

They will take those Iranian reactors out because, after years of debate, sometimes force is the only thing that counts.

Arik said:
You really don't like Israel do you!

If you want to concoct conspiracies, apparently the guy was a member of 49 Para :)
Actually, it was a joke.

I've been waiting for you to respond so I can offer another possibility:-

It's really a fundamental Turkish nationalist upset at the lack of response by Ankara to the recent Israeli assault and killings on the aid ship. By taking this action, he's hoping to force Ankara into a tougher stance with Tel Aviv.

Lighten up Arik. :)

PS. Actually he's an ex donkey walloper and now ex-officio member of 16/9 Para - also know as 'Black Para' or 'September Para'. :wink:

zazabell_012 said:
Erm, Arik, does one have to like it? lol
It is indeed expected of all good Christians.

You're either with us or against us.

It is indeed expected of all good Christians.

You're either with us or against us.

Hey whitecity!....hang on....isn't there an opt out clause? lol.

I guess I had better read up on my "Vatican II" revelations just in case Arik comes back:)

...... he's hoping to force Ankara into a tougher stance with Tel Aviv.
Zazabell - I am back (though briefly)

Why should the Turks have anything against Tel Avivians? Its a great city.

The disgruntled gunman is now even more disgruntled with the Turks then he is with the Israelis.

and now the truth is out.

he was a pal working for the israeli equivalent of mi5 in pal land, was exposed, and was seeking some sort of refuge with turkey as pal justice states that those who work for the johnny yid get made into kebabs. i know this goes against the grain but some of the pals wonder why they too, like the jews, should be expected to act like christians!, (for the crusades and auchwitz we were just not worthy). he had also shot up the british embassy in 2006 because of some unpaid parking tickets, (a zealous and enthusiastic worker, do you want him in wrexham?).

but; i mean to say, just read those posts above.

israel: origin of the SAS

I respect the Israeli's don't take shit off anyone or worry about world opinion. They would have wiped XMG off the face of the earth and the scum rather than sit back & take it like we did.
you don't know how right you are: and i quote,

The Special Night Squads' primary task was to the defend the Iraqi Petroleum Company pipeline, which was frequently attacked by Arab gangs. the squads also raided known gang bases, such as the villages of Dabburiya and Hirbat-Lidd. The force's success caused the cessation of attacks on the pipeline and brought a decline in terrorist activity in the area. It is presumed that about 12.5% of all guerrilla casualties in 1938 were caused by the SNS, which had lost only two of its men (Pvt. Stephen Chapman from the Manchesters and supernumerary Yosef Ben-Moshe) in action. According to Israeli military historian Martin van Creveld, their training included "... how to kill without compunction, how to interrogate prisoners by shooting every tenth man to make the rest talk; and how to deter future terrorists by pushing the heads of captured ones into pools of oil and then freeing them to tell the story".

The operations came more frequently and became more ruthless. The Arabs complained to the British about Wingate's brutality and harsh punitive methods. Even members of the field squads complained... that during the raids on Bedouin encampments Wingate would behave with extreme viciousness and fire mercilessly. Wingate believed in the principle of surprise in punishment, which was designed to confine the gangs to their villages. More than once he had lined rioters up in a row and shot them in cold blood. Wingate did not try to justify himself; weapons and war cannot be pure

The Special Night Squads came to be viewed as the British army's first special forces and the forerunners of the Special Air Service regiments.

Special Night Squads - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However, his deepening direct political involvement with the Zionist cause and an incident where he spoke publicly in favour of formation of a Jewish state during his leave in Britain, caused his superiors in Palestine to remove him from command. He was so deeply associated with political causes in Palestine that his superiors considered him compromised as an intelligence officer in the country.

Orde Wingate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

there is a lot we all have to thank for the late major general orde wingate

as you say, the israelis don't take the crap, they learnt such from a british officer (latter in cairo where sas formed etc., etc..)