Shots Fired At MQ in Edinburgh

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr_Fingerz, Jun 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. "it is nevertheless very concerning?" WTF does that mean?

We are concerned but our call centre is miles away so we don't give a **** except to give a sound bite to the media ....................

We are so far removed from society that we are completely buggered for an explanation, don't expect arrests any time soon.....

Page three Police Platitudes Reference Book: Make a statement that apparently voices concern but commits us to **** all.

3. Could be:

A)Mistaken identity; not the first time drug dealers have gone looking for one of their own and brassed up the wrong house/car/person. Vicious bastards, but we're not exactly talking Dr Moriarty-style criminal masterminds.

B)A grudge against the squaddie who's house was fired on.

C)Attempted terrorist attack. Worrying but unlikely; The various NI groups traditionally restricted their activities in Scotland to fund raising, weapon's trafficking etc. The IRA never tried to mount operations against Scottish targets since they believed, not unreasonably, that we were politically insignificant. It was far more effective to attack English cities.

Of course, it could be Islamic extremists. Just because the 2007 Glasgow Airport attack was an Epic Fail does'nt mean someone else might not try again. It was just last year that someone naughty was testing explosives in a Scottish forest...

4. SAS practicing for the Olympics? With live rounds.

5. Fixed that for you. No charge.^_~

6. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

You forgot, domestic gone a little OTT or someone was scuttling somebody else's bird.

7. I would have thought even Lothian and Border's Finest could have arrested someone if it was domestic...

"No, officer, that shotgun is'nt mine...I just happend to find it and pick it up after SOMEONE ELSE shot at the front of my house..."

"Fair enough sir, sorry to have troubled you.":policecap:

8. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Snigger.....

9. I'm harsh but fair...but mainly just harsh...:threaten:;-)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

It's in the middle of nothing but fields so maybe not beyond the realms of possibility that a pissed-up local was taking a pop at at fox or such and missed?

11. Pissed up local with a shotgun? Could very well be the case. Damn lucky no one was hurt, whoever was to blame.

Could also be Neds who've graduated from air-rifles to something heavier...

12. Fixed. A grudge against the son of the squaddie who's house was fired on.

13. Hillside Road - Craigiehall... About as remote a set of MQ's as you can get in Edinburgh... The local cops said...

"This is a quiet residential area, and we believe that local residents would notice anything untoward or any strangers in the area before or after the incident..."

At 00.20 you have to be joking!

14. I've read some shite from you before on this site, but this is the best yet. You honsetly have no idea what your talking about do you?

15. Perhaps not. But at least I can spell, "Honestly".^_~

853208ae193bd888675203869a6c287f.jpg