Shotguns-show us your kit

Boom and there you have it.

What sort of gun is it? Likely that the different bits are different grades of metal hence one part corroding at a different rate.

More expensive guns will use the same grade of steel throughout in order to avoid this. Some really cheap stuff might even have the odd aluminium component which leads to very rapid bimetallic corrosion if they aren’t constantly cleaned.

This is why landrovers rot really badly. Steel chassis with aluminium panels. An electrical potential difference exists and the more ferrous metal gets eaten.
1 Year old Browning 525, 5 year warranty but I doubt it'll cover this. Will have to give the peek a try.

I can now join in properly. I have just picked bought this.

D97625C9-71FB-45B5-8196-08AD471BACB9.jpeg

It’s a Beretta 692 32”.
Only changes from display was that I requested internal chokes and had a bead added midway slong the sights.

I went looking for a Browning 725 G5 but this just felt right straight away. Everytime I put it to my shoulder it was on aim and felt comfortable where as the browning I had to change my head position slightly to get the sight line just right.

Hopefully I have chosen well, we will see.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I can now join in properly. I have just picked bought this.

View attachment 354935

It’s a Beretta 692 32”.
Only changes from display was that I requested internal chokes and had a bead added midway slong the sights.

I went looking for a Browning 725 G5 but this just felt right straight away. Everytime I put it to my shoulder it was on aim and felt comfortable where as the browning I had to change my head position slightly to get the sight line just right.

Hopefully I have chosen well, we will see.
Nice bang stick. Good shout on internal chokes, those things that stick out the end look ******* horrendous.

How did you get on with your gun fit?

Nice bang stick. Good shout on internal chokes, those things that stick out the end look ******* horrendous.

How did you get on with your gun fit?
Yeah, I just think that the external chokes ruined the lines of this gun.

The gun fit went really well thank you. The guy pointed out a couple of mistakes with my stance and also taught me a heck of a lot about shooting so it was more of an in depth lesson.
However he did get all the measurements for a good starting base.
I gave these to the guy in the shop who was adding the sight bead and swapping the wood over from another gun (which I preferred). He checked through the sizes and said that it was set for my gunfit measurements so we will see when I get to the shoot this weekend. :)

ugly

LE
I would like nope want almost, need, yes, thats it. I most definitely need a Winchester 1897 - preferably a trench version.
My Ithaca 37 Deerslayer Police Special gets carried around on the quad for when I need to slamfire 8 x 2& 3/4 birdshot at fecking ferals on my cover crops.

Well I rocked up to the clay shoot with my nice, new gun and a pocketful of 28g and............shot my worst round ever. :)

29 on a sporting 100!
I could have used the gun as a rounders bat and knocked more clays out of the sky.

Oh well, bring on next weekend.

Plugged to three. If you break that rule you get fined and get the chance to donate your shotgun to game and fish!
Thought it looked a bit tastier. I’ve a 7+1 Beretta but it’s easy to reduce it back to a three shot (2+1) to keep everyone happy when necessary but I have to ram in a wee extra bit of cut pipe into the tube.

Thought it looked a bit tastier. I’ve a 7+1 Beretta but it’s easy to reduce it back to a three shot (2+1) to keep everyone happy when necessary but I have to ram in a wee extra bit of cut pipe into the tube.
Going Sect 1 to sect 2 in the UK requires proofing but not the other way around.

I don't even muck about with it. As soon as I purchased it a decade ago I put the plug in and have not touched it since. The Game Wardens will actively walk around to different groups during hunts and check your shotguns and shells. You don't want to be that guy that goes bang, bang, bang, bang.........

ugly

LE
I am just not getting on with this Berreta, I really want to as it is a lovely gun, but something is mentally messing with me.
I think I will have to have a serious look at what I am doing wrong as my sight picture and feel seems to me to be spot on but I am just not hitting the clays. Maybe I am trying to hard, I am definately having a mental hang up with the gun.

My most recent acquisition.

IMG_20181104_190825.jpg
IMG_20181104_190931.jpg