Shotguns-show us your kit

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Don’t those ATAs have aluminium actions?

Don’t be putting heavy loads through it.

The glints getting in his eyes. You know green with envy

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
I'll be honest, I ran out to get the specs on the box when I read your post. And take a close look at the reciever. you had me worried. :)

My wife asked why and I advised her that you may know a wee bit about the quality of shotguns.
Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with an ally action, they just don’t last forever.

In a few years when they ban lead shot, we’ll all be shooting cheap disposable Turkish guns and replacing them every couple of years.

I'm sure I will get some stick for this but I have decided to sell the Beretta 692 32" and replace it with a cheaper ATA Gold.
I was in my local gunshop a month ago and I was just browsing when the owner said "have a look at this" and passed me an ATA Gold Elegance and I was kind of taken by it. Lovely wood, really lovely wood IMO, and the fit when I shouldered the gun was perfect. Totally natural and felt far better than my Beretta.

So after a bit of pondering, today I bought the ATA. I'll be putting the Beretta up for sale soon (as well as an Air Arms TX200 that I rarely use).

Here are some pics.

View attachment 652056

View attachment 652057

View attachment 652058

View attachment 652059

View attachment 652060

View attachment 652061

View attachment 652062
Funny I was looking at a second hand one which although not expensive was compared to the sub grand you can get a new one for.

Based on an old Beretta design looks good and I cannot understand how they can fit wood that pretty on a gun at that money. The only thing I’m not sure of is the shape of the fore end and the little shield in the chequering but that’s maybe being picky.

What does the engraving look like close up?

Funny I was looking at a second hand one which although not expensive was compared to the sub grand you can get a new one for.

Based on an old Beretta design looks good and I cannot understand how they can fit wood that pretty on a gun at that money. The only thing I’m not sure of is the shape of the fore end and the little shield in the chequering but that’s maybe being picky.

What does the engraving look like close up?
I think that the engraving is laser, it seems good but I would leave a real view to someone with more knowledge.
I am happy with it.
The stand out features for me are the wood and how it fits when I am ready to shoot. On my 692 I had to buy a cheek pad, this just gives me the feel and alignment that I want. It is as if it leaps into my shoulder and I am looking straight along the barrel.

I'll be heading to Long Siberia soon, I hope it lives up to my expectations.

I'm sure I will get some stick for this but I have decided to sell the Beretta 692 32" and replace it with a cheaper ATA Gold.
I was in my local gunshop a month ago and I was just browsing when the owner said "have a look at this" and passed me an ATA Gold Elegance and I was kind of taken by it. Lovely wood, really lovely wood IMO, and the fit when I shouldered the gun was perfect. Totally natural and felt far better than my Beretta.

So after a bit of pondering, today I bought the ATA. I'll be putting the Beretta up for sale soon (as well as an Air Arms TX200 that I rarely use).

Here are some pics.

View attachment 652056

View attachment 652057

View attachment 652058

View attachment 652059

View attachment 652060

View attachment 652061

View attachment 652062
One of my guns is an ATA Sporter with 28 inch barrels, I bloody love it it’s bombproof I got it brand new for outrageously cheap money, I can’t hit a barn door from the inside but that’s my shooting not the gun and I love it will probably at some point chop my other over and under in for another ATA so the Mrs don’t keep nicking mine

I think that the engraving is laser, it seems good but I would leave a real view to someone with more knowledge.
I am happy with it.
The stand out features for me are the wood and how it fits when I am ready to shoot. On my 692 I had to buy a cheek pad, this just gives me the feel and alignment that I want. It is as if it leaps into my shoulder and I am looking straight along the barrel.

Yeah I think the hand engraved option is a a few hundred quid more.

Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with an ally action, they just don’t last forever.

In a few years when they ban lead shot, we’ll all be shooting cheap disposable Turkish guns and replacing them every couple of years.
Silver Pigs are alloy action if IIRC, they`ll take a hammering , okay better built than a Turk.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
I am happy with it.

Yeah they’re laser etched.

47EA5148-9CD2-4FED-A610-AE86FA4DDF4F.jpeg

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
It was Ken Hunt who really made the whole gold game bird thing popular….

You’ll pay an additional 50k plus for this on your gun.
AAFFC272-AB37-4B85-9B89-98ED525146AC.jpeg
49FD27DB-419A-4C9E-8B2F-93203F7C88C8.jpeg

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
The top end guys are getting near photographic quality with game scenes now…
6920A8B5-5586-49D4-B601-6DF31C963996.jpeg