Shotguns-show us your kit

After 26 years I parted with my lovely T34 last week, she was of 1943 vintage and showed a few battle scars, The buyer another enthusiast discovered that the 'Gun' was live. He seemed to think this may be okay under the 'obsolete ammo rule' I would take views on that. (The chap with me standing on the left has 200 mil vehs) I know that such things as tanks and scout cars, Harleys etc are 'big boys toys' and eventually you have to let em go! but there is sadness in the parting...a sort of grief! I hope she gets a good home.View attachment 400964
No one want to comment? Well, the gun (if indeed live) is a Sec.1 firearm 85mm is not on the obsolete cal list. It is just a big rifle in essence, not such a big problem, it just has to go on ticket. The owner will probably have to store the firing mech separately depending on the security of the overall tank storage. Is the guy on the left called Bob?

skeetstar

Old-Salt
Me again. Bizarrely that 391 I got has two Improved Cylinder chokes with it. I think they are 1/4 choke in proper language.

They are Optima chokes, Rhino brand and extended and ported. I don't need two of them. Anyone got an Optima choke - 3/4 or maybe full, that they care to swap?

If no takers for swaps, then give it a few days and someone can have it for the price of the postage and Kate Winslett's mobile number.

Mick9abf

War Hero
I don’t have optima extended chokes but I may have a spare standard choke that will fit in 1/2 or 3/4 kicking about if your interested. Let me know and I will delve into the cupboard of doom to try and find it.

skeetstar

Old-Salt
I don’t have optima extended chokes but I may have a spare standard choke that will fit in 1/2 or 3/4 kicking about if your interested. Let me know and I will delve into the cupboard of doom to try and find it.

Mick that is very kind of you. I'd be interested in a 3/4 choke if you have one., (I already have a 1/2 choke.). dont mind that it is not extended. Let me know what you want for it? Do you want the Rhino 1/4 choke that I have?

Mick9abf

War Hero
Mick that is very kind of you. I'd be interested in a 3/4 choke if you have one., (I already have a 1/2 choke.). dont mind that it is not extended. Let me know what you want for it? Do you want the Rhino 1/4 choke that I have?
I’ll have a rake about tomorrow when I get a minute and see what’s what. If what I’ve got is any use I’ll swap with you mate.

Mick9abf

War Hero
Having checked I have an Optima choke plus, improved modified - SP with two stars and notches which is 3/4 I believe. PM me if you want it and we can arrange a swap.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Giving the old Westley Richards a good clean after yesterday.

Decided to touch up the engraving with a paint pen.

Pretty easy process, just colour it in with a black pen, then wipe off the excess. The paint / ink will stay in the wells of the engraving and make it show up better.

EF513A81-0576-49E0-A429-C6FDDC7D25EE.jpeg

Attachments

ugly

LE
Giving the old Westley Richards a good clean after yesterday.

Decided to touch up the engraving with a paint pen.

Pretty easy process, just colour it in with a black pen, then wipe off the excess. The paint / ink will stay in the wells of the engraving and make it show up better.

View attachment 425783
That’s a nice gun

triggerigger

War Hero
Any opinions from the arse armoury on the benelli supernova? my winchester sxp couch gag gun fell apart.
Thanks.

Mick9abf

War Hero
Any opinions from the arse armoury on the benelli supernova? my winchester sxp couch gag gun fell apart.
Thanks.
Don’t know about the supernova but I know a heap of keepers with M2’s on FAC who don’t have any complaints although one said he wouldn’t buy another one having looked at the Franchi which he says is identical other then the plastics and about half the price.

triggerigger

War Hero
Don’t know about the supernova but I know a heap of keepers with M2’s on FAC who don’t have any complaints although one said he wouldn’t buy another one having looked at the Franchi which he says is identical other then the plastics and about half the price.
Thanks will have to shoulder a few. The winchester certainly didn't fit and stock was not adjustable. Probably going pump as I like the bang safe thing.

Best safety of all is NOT touching the trigger, or in my case being sent home with flu that told me I was more deadly than the weapons :D

cymraeg

War Hero
Was talking with the mrs the other day about me old guns and as I'm bit of a potcher / like fixing things up have decided to make nice over the next couple of months my nikko f1 shadow ( needs paint starting up, bit of wood work but most importantly a lug on the breech block Dooby thingy rewelding) also my old AF laurona sxs . In excellent nick but at some point the stock has been shortened and then re lengthened and it bugs me so have ordered an old stock off flea bay.

All this is @Ravers fault if my mrs asks and if there is any interest I will lob pics up as I dig into them

Was talking with the mrs the other day about me old guns and as I'm bit of a potcher / like fixing things up have decided to make nice over the next couple of months my nikko f1 shadow ( needs paint starting up, bit of wood work but most importantly a lug on the breech block Dooby thingy rewelding) also my old AF laurona sxs . In excellent nick but at some point the stock has been shortened and then re lengthened and it bugs me so have ordered an old stock off flea bay.

All this is @Ravers fault if my mrs asks and if there is any interest I will lob pics up as I dig into them
Dont for goodness sake put big lugs in Google :O

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Yep. Pics please.

Get a thread up of the resto.

triggerigger

War Hero
Xmas permission slip from management signed so

Attachments

Latest Threads