Shotgun Shells

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Does anyone have any spent shotgun shells they wouldn't mind sending to me. I need 12+ for a project I have in mind. I'll PM my address to the person who replies. Thanks

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Can get you as many as you want,, what gauge, and what colours?

It's the brass bit I need so colours are irrelevant. I have no idea what size they come in, just a dozen or so of the same size, and if possible 4 of the largest possible size. Clearly, it's for a clock I have in mind.

You can buy as many as you like, legally.
Just rockup to a gun dealer, you do not need a shot gun licence to purchase shells.
Ammunition for rifles however is a different matter.

pop along to a local clay pidgeon shooting place and ask if you can have some.

skeetstar

War Hero
Just rockup to a gun dealer, you do not need a shot gun licence to purchase shells.
You need to present your Shotgun Certificate when buying shotgun ammunition.. without said cert, the trader must not sell you live ammo.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
It's the brass bit I need so colours are irrelevant. I have no idea what size they come in, just a dozen or so of the same size, and if possible 4 of the largest possible size. Clearly, it's for a clock I have in mind.
For what it's worth, dominoes work well for numbers on a clock face. Next time maybe...

CharleyBourne

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Can you post a photo of it when it's finished? Something similar would make an ideal present for my father-in-law who has just "retired" from the shooting/hunting scene in CZ.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
For what it's worth, dominoes work well for numbers on a clock face. Next time maybe...

Oh, interesting idea! Thanks for that, I'll file it under 'projects to try'.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Can you post a photo of it when it's finished? Something similar would make an ideal present for my father-in-law who has just "retired" from the shooting/hunting scene in CZ.

More than happy to do so.

glad rag

Old-Salt
Oh right, guess I've been doing it wrong for 30 odd years then!

Nope. Its not a legal requirement to have a license to purchase live shells. I am not sure about slugs though.
It isn’t, but I’ve yet to come across an RFD or private seller who would sell cartridges to someone without their ticket.

Loaded slugs are section 1 so you are legally required to show an FAC with slug condition.

Latest Threads