Shot Show 2012 Gear and Guns Pics

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Effendi, Mar 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. These are some pics I took in January at the Shot Show in Vegas. I will put up some more.

[​IMG]

Viking Tactics, my mate Charley who is a serving New Jersey SWAT Cop - top man.

[​IMG]

Troy stock for the M4 it has a drop in section for Garmin Forerunner GPS. Nifty, I thought.

[​IMG]

An urban pattern camo, vanishing points, angles, greys ……………. You decide.

[​IMG]

“Can I take your picture”? Cheeky smile, “How do you want me”. Then my mate had to start talking about the feckin gun with her boss, twat.

[​IMG]

You meet some people.

[​IMG]

Red dot sights for the big toys.

[​IMG]

Lighter weight materials being used for rucksack manufacture. This one from Eagle Industries.

[​IMG]

Another from Eagle.

[​IMG]

Some bits from Safariland.

[​IMG]

Petzl, abseil kit in a pouch for THEM type users.

[​IMG]

New ATAC’s pattern for temperate environments.

2. [​IMG]

The M1A (M14), by Springfield.

[​IMG]

If you look very carefully you will see the Magnum boots she is wearing.

[​IMG]

One of Ronnie Barretts products.

[​IMG]

Sideview. This one is a limited edition anniversary model.

[​IMG]

Ronnie Barrett, always smiling…………not surprising when you look at what the rifles cost.

[​IMG]

The closest thing they could find to a real Italian soldier.

[​IMG]

Keeping the noise down.

[​IMG]

This I actually liked, but not for the reasons you might think. IT is a laser sight for fitting to disposable launchers. So the rep is there giving me all the spiel about ease of fitment, ease of use, better target acquisition, blah, blah, blah.

So I ask, “Are the sights also disposable”?

“No, the sights will be removed after the shot and then fitted to the next launcher”.

“Hmmm, so you’re telling me that the same troops who dumped all their kit on the way to Baghdad and have problems heating up an MRE are going to remove, re-attach and re-use…………………I don’t think so”.

He did’nt want to speak with me after that. Like I said I can’t wait for them to come out ‘cos there’ll be loads of cheap laser sights on ebay.

3. Media Day on the Range

[​IMG]

Shhh! Don’t tell anyone, this is a sneaky look at the new Brokos belt from Viking Tactics. Its been picked up by 5.11 and should be out in August or so. It is thinner and lighter than the previous model and made with a slight curve to allow it to sit more comfortably on the hips.

[​IMG]

HK 416, always a favourite. They recently picked up a contract with the USMC which means it is starting to go out mainstream rather than just to Speshul ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In one of the threads recently there was talk of aluminium and plastic cased ammo. Well, this stuff is available in a variety of calibers, has its cases made of light weight composites/polymers and on average weighs 1/3 less than the equivalent brass cased NATO rounds. I can verify that they go bang and make holes nicely.

[​IMG]

Jesse Carr, the designer of the new Sig 224 which he is showing off. Imagine a Sig 226 only an inch shorter in the barrel length and about 1 ¼ inches shorter in the grip – reliable, discrete and easy to conceal.

[​IMG]

Zeiss.

[​IMG]

Zeiss snipey and spotters scope.

[​IMG]

In use. I want one of the spotters scopes for watching naked ladies sunbathing, its excellent. And, no, its not me in the picture.

[​IMG]

Left view, Zeiss prototype weapon scope.

[​IMG]

Right view, Zeiss prototype weapon scope.

4. Great photos - thanks for posting.

(BTW, the moose in the Magnum boots - did someone give their mate's ugly mum a few days work out of sympathy?)

5. Quite surprised on that one. GriGri-type devices are shit for descending on. They are hard to control and really the wrong shape. It's an assisted belay device. They sell dedicated descenders (the RIG would be ideal here), genuinely don't understand why they chose not to.

6. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Thanks for posting those Effendi!

7. "I want my toys NOW!"

Good post Effendi. What is the show ie yearly, biennial (sp)? Wouldn't mind going......"Hey darl wanna go to Vegas." *thinks of rat cunning plan and the missus thinks she's going on a trip to Vegas*

• Like Like x 1
  8. I dunno, its what the rep told me. I'm lost if it doe'snt look like a figure 8 or a ladder.

You are welcome. But, I have some pics I took speshully for the old feckers like us that I think you will enjoy. I should post them later today or tomorrow.

It is a ticket only job every January - a select 75,000 people (???). But, like I told some bods before, I should be able to arrange tickets if anyone is interested. Alternatively if you can get your hands on unit headed paper you write a letter saying that you are a unit procurement rep, scan it and email that with your online ticket application - loads of septics in there form all sorts of units from top level THEIRS down to Sgt Bilko. Flights can be had for around 400 and this year they gave me a huge suite in the Riviera for 75 a night and I could have put up a couple of extra bods in it.

And, trust me, you don't want to bring your Missus along. Mine lets me disappear for the week, no questions, no pack drill.

9. Sorry, is there meant to be a burd in that picture? You'll have to help me out here. Must be like one of those "spot the cat" images. Can't see her. To the left or the right of the gat?

10. I'm old and grateful nowadays, ok.

11. My bold.

You have my undivided interest. Maybe post closer to the time when it comes up again, see if there's any punters. I can piss the missus off to Portland, Oregan she's got her brother living there.

12. Is that a Yeti with the M240B?

13. Nah, they call them "bigfoot" here, brown instead of white...........apparently.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Did you see my mob out there? I believe some of our sales team have gone out for a jolly with some very expensive toys.