Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by AlienFTM, Dec 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Sky News this morning (Tue 19 Dec) carried an article about ex-KGB gunmen, bodyguards, assassins, etc.

One guy whipped out a pistol. Looked like a revolver. It had NO barrel, just stopped at the end of the cylinder. He waved a handful of rounds at the camera. They looked like (maybe half-size) shotgun cartridges.

An interesting BG weapon, but I have never seen anything like it. Anyone got a clue what I am talking about?
  2. Sounds like it could be some sort of CS gas firing type pistol from your description.
  3. There are a range of "non lethal" defence weapons marketed in Russia - they project CS, mace, rubber shot, paint, etc. As far as I know, the owner has to have a licence in Russia. In UK they are all classed as firearms and are illegal to carry or use.
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I have a little .410 shot pistol, it took me years but the plod relented and I can use it now!
  5. Sounds like the Russian PB-4M Pistol. See link here. They are somewhat optimistically referred to as 'less than lethal'.

Seems like it's my week to play spotter on Russian arms.