Shot in the dark.

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by Tomo9700, Oct 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi this question has probably been asked many times..im joining up soon and on the list of jobs i had was artillery command systems. Im quite drawn towards this job...i was just wondering what it involved in more detail than what the websites give you because they seem to be limited on information lol..so if anyone is one or has been id like to hear from them first hand. or anyone really! heres a few of my questions cheers!

1. what does the job involve
    2. what is pay like
    3. how often can you go on adventerous training
    4. do you do different things everyday
    5. what jobs do most people go to after they leave this trade in the artillery? (big one)
    6. is it fun
    7.how often are you away/deployed

Basicaly is it good haha. :?

2. FFS! Yesterday it was UAV operator!! How about you actually go and speak to the ACIO guys.....book a week with them if needs be :)

When you start - pay is shite!
    Adventurous training - when you start....sometimes....depends on unit
    Surely your questions 4 & 5 are the same question?!?!

Are you a bit speshul? Do you like eishkeeem?

3. UAV Operator i cant comment on that! i am special well it's what my gran tells me all the time! im just lookin for info pal no need to be an arse about it! i dont wanna waste my time in the army doin the wrong job!

4. Sorry, it wasn't UAV, it was REME jobs. All jobs in the Army are varied......it really depends on what you want to get out of your career. What sort of a person are you? Active.....boring.....geeky etc

5. Aaa reet! well Active really just wanna stop sitting at home all the time doin nothing because its starting to bore the sh*t out of me! there nothin round here apart from crime and drugs..and theres no jobs haha.. just want a decent job that i will enjoy so i dont leave and come back home.