Shortest service TA bod to be mobilised?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by spoomo, Apr 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a curiosity really, of all the peeps mobilised for/since Telic 1, who knows of the shortest period an individual had served in thier unit?

The least I've currently heard of was 3 years.
  2. No, less than that with my old unit - although they didn't actually go to I-Raq.
  3. May sound very big-headed but straight after my training, I am going to have a chat with some of the officers in the respect of me being deployed a.s.a.p.. I have only been told it's when your CO thinks you are ready to do this that you are deployed.

I am hoping I could get a tour under my belt, maybe two or three if I am good enough for the TA/Army.. at which point I would like to do some serious work! in order to get deployed as soon as..

-I would also like to hear from others about this forum post, well about the deployment status times of newer recruits :) any information is very welcome!
  4. Less than 1 year. Not me but I know it happened on Telic 1. Also around 14 months for the 'Stan.
  5. Thanks very much for your speedy reply :)
    -It's very nice to know, as it is not talked about by many people. and it's a bit of an odd thing to go around asking people..
  6. There were two lads on my CMSR who were in the Blackwatch who were due to be mobilised about 1 month after they completed it, think they managed CIC in that time too.. Not sure why inf bods were there mind, as they do things a bit differently, but it was probably just to get ticks in boxes very quickly rather than wait for in unit training.

One of them was actually RTU'd and hopefully discharged for being a raving moonbat, I somehow doubt he deployed.
  7. We had a recruit from my sqn who'd just completed his range package on the Sunday & he recieved his envelope on the Wednseday!
  8. might not be gen up but i remeber hearing about a certain member of(6 platoon) 15 coy 4 para who was in coy a few months before getting deployed with 1 para he shall remain nameless (wink)

so even though the rumours of having to be serving for over a year before deployment persisit at the end of the day as soon as you are a trained soldier you can be deployed simple as and that at the end of the day is what the reserves are there for
  9. Now who could that be?

10. I don't know what age you are Digital, but if you are keen and the forces life is what you are after, then why not just join up full time? Unfortunately, due to past medical history, i cannot myself now. But I have been voluntarily mobilised in the past and am planning to apply for another one soon.

Just go for it and join the regulars. :)
  11. Tellic 3 - 2 blokes 6 weeks after CIC

Tellic 6 - 2 blokes in my multiple who completed CIC in November, Mobilised in February
  12. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I passed out of Grantham in June 03 and was back there in Feb 04 as was my mate from my Sqn who passed out with me
    Both of us came from an armoured recce sqn and both deployed to Iraq with HCR
    Neither of us had any armoured quals not even part 1 coms
    We went onto complete a dismounted tour in wolfs, snatches and the old tan cadillacs
    Don't know how other units work but there was plenty of Cav lads who hads to do in theatre courses so we fitted right in
    If you want to go then find out what you need and go and ffs enjoy yourself!!!!!

:lol: 8) 8)
  13. I love that, 'Sorry you can't join us in the regs cos you're leg might fall off while training to be a full time soldier.. However we're quite happy to deploy you to any theatre you name, to do a regular job and get shot at, within about a months notice.. If we feel like it'. :roll:
  14. jmj

jmj Old-Salt

Completed GAP course Nov 03, reported to Chillwell Aug 04. No record by any stretch, but quick enough for me thanks!
    We did have a lad in my regt that hadn't finished his basic.. He was quite rightfully knocked back at Chillwell, but it shows how intelligent the intelligent mobilisation is.
  15. Londons sent a couple of guys to Chilwell then on to CIC (or was it the other way round). One ceratianly then wnent on to Telic and is back serving with the Coy, dont think the other chap ever made it.