short marriage divorce

I cleared her debts before she came over. And 18 months in she threatened to leave me as everything is in my name & she wanted some financial security. Would I play it that way again? Probably not.
Maybe you could introduce this to demonstrate that you have been reasonable?

do these Thai Birds stay good looking for ever, or do they get to an age where overnight they turn ugly and look like their granny ??
Thai girls can age well if they look after themselves, same as western women.

Thai bargirls on the other hand do not tend to look after themselves. Their life is basically one big piss up with a few hours sleep in the afternoon if they are lucky.

I’m 51 and she’s 42. I was 43 when we met. Deliberately didn’t go for for a 19 year old.
I have lived and worked in that part of the world on and off since 1998. My own wife is Khmer. We spent 2 years living in Thailand and it's a place we visit frequently. I speak a bit of thai and the mrs is fluent.

Thais are very racist and most respectable Thais wouldn't be seen dead with a farang. *

There's a big social divide between the urban middle class and the rural poor.

If she wasn't in the sex trade already (which tbh she probably was, statistically speaking), at that age - if she's from rural Thailand - she's almost certainly been married, probably a mother, and quite possibly a grandmother by her 40s**. It's quite possible that she was still married when you met her, and indeed it's quite possible she still IS married, and is sending money home to her 'real' husband. You might have even met him: does she have a 'brother' who was always visiting?

I was there when Stephen Leather wrote his book 'Private Dancer' and had a chat with him about it. He bases the book round our old local bar and just about every story in the book is based on real events. He just changes most of the names.

Even the most bizarre story about a girl marrying an American so that she could then divorce him and bring over her 'real' family is real. We met a couple of women who were at various stages of doing this. We knew thai women who stole entire businesses of their husbands, and even knew an English bloke whose Khmer wife tried killing him with a saucepan full of boiling chip fat whilst her 'real' husband looked on.

You've been hooked.

You were probably given advice at the time which you ignored.

Even the British Embassy tries to point out the pitfalls to you when you first start doing the paperwork, but you probably knew better.

There is a possibility that she is already married. It's quite common in the demi-monde as described above. You could consider using a PI to track this down, but bear in mind that the Thai religious wedding ceremony doesn't always get formally recognised with paperwork.***

* This is a generalisation. I met and know some wonderful girls out there, but this was largely through my work. If you meet a girl in a bar, well, let's just say the odds are against you.

** Conversely an increasing number of middle class thai women choose celibacy as thai men are such twàts....but will still - in general - be averse to a foreign alternative.

*** We even once met two young northern lads who'd been taken off to their 'new' girlfriends' villages one weekend to find out afterwards that the cute little ceremony they'd had where the big orange geezer had tied some red string round their wrists, was in fact their wedding!

I have lived and worked in that part of the world on and off since 1998. My own wife is Khmer. We spent 2 years living in Thailand and it's a place we visit frequently. I speak a bit of thai and the mrs is fluent.

Thais are very racist and most respectable Thais wouldn't be seen dead with a farang. *

There's a big social divide between the urban middle class and the rural poor.

If she wasn't in the sex trade already (which tbh she probably was, statistically speaking), at that age - if she's from rural Thailand - she's almost certainly been married, probably a mother, and quite possibly a grandmother by her 40s**. It's quite possible that she was still married when you met her, and indeed it's quite possible she still IS married, and is sending money home to her 'real' husband. You might have even met him: does she have a 'brother' who was always visiting?

I was there when Stephen Leather wrote his book 'Private Dancer' and had a chat with him about it. He bases the book round our old local bar and just about every story in the book is based on real events. He just changes most of the names.

Even the most bizarre story about a girl marrying an American so that she could then divorce him and bring over her 'real' family is real. We met a couple of women who were at various stages of doing this. We knew thai women who stole entire businesses of their husbands, and even knew an English bloke whose Khmer wife tried killing him with a saucepan full of boiling chip fat whilst her 'real' husband looked on.

You've been hooked.

You were probably given advice at the time which you ignored.

Even the British Embassy tries to point out the pitfalls to you when you first start doing the paperwork, but you probably knew better.

There is a possibility that she is already married. It's quite common in the demi-monde as described above. You could consider using a PI to track this down, but bear in mind that the Thai religious wedding ceremony doesn't always get formally recognised with paperwork.***

* This is a generalisation. I met and know some wonderful girls out there, but this was largely through my work. If you meet a girl in a bar, well, let's just say the odds are against you.

** Conversely an increasing number of middle class thai women choose celibacy as thai men are such twàts....but will still - in general - be averse to a foreign alternative.

*** We even once met two young northern lads who'd been taken off to their 'new' girlfriends' villages one weekend to find out afterwards that the cute little ceremony they'd had where the big orange geezer had tied some red string round their wrists, was in fact their wedding!
Lots of stuff wrong here, but tbh I cba as I’m having a pint. I met her when I was working in Thailand teaching English. And I don’t mean some crap 4 week TEFL course. BA(HONS) & PGCE with QTS. I taught in Nakhon Nayok which is not rural it’s 100km from Krung Thep. I was introduced to her by a Thai teacher from the school. She worked in an office.

Was yours on the game when you met her?

Lots of stuff wrong here, but tbh I cba as I’m having a pint. I met her when I was working in Thailand teaching English. And I don’t mean some crap 4 week TEFL course. BA(HONS) & PGCE with QTS. I taught in Nakhon Nayok which is not rural it’s 100km from Krung Thep. I was introduced to her by a Thai teacher from the school. She worked in an office.

Was yours on the game when you met her?
100 km from Bangkok is pretty rural, tbh

I never discussed your qualifications, so I'm not sure why you're being defensive about them?

And there's nothing actually 'wrong' with my post. It's based on my own time out there (some 16 years). It may not fit with your own experiences of course, but hence the term generalisation'.

I'd still seriously consider seeing if she was previously married/still married.

If she was previously married that might help with your case if she is getting support from someone else.

If it turns out she's still married, so much the better from your point of view.

Wether it's Thai women marrying westerners, or silly old tarts marrying Turkish/ Morrocan/ Gambian waiters........ you would think they would see all the bad reports, and think twice.......

Get some 'rich' twat to sweep her off her feet, get the pictures/video or pay a crack head to turn her glasses into contact lenses.

I must be a bit of a pillock,we still try and make it back to Isaan at least once a year,when we can, so many good friends,many thai friends all over the world, who we keep in touch with,villagers who over the years have studied and moved to europe and got good jobs and raised families, in august this year there will be 1000,s of us getting to together at the Wimbledon Temple and Sussex Temple , not a single slapper or ladyboy among them,when you use your Toothbrush , 99% chance it was made in Neuwied on the Rhein and the lady in charge of the production line is thai from BankokSamrahn in Isaan,thats just one example of theethics of village people,my 2nd wife (westphalische Boxhead) packed in work 2 weeks after thewedding.

They do say you can take the girl out the bar but not the bar out the girl, however I digress....I know plenty of people with Thai wife's and as a generalisation those still married did not marry a bar girl. That said those that did marry an (alleged) bar girl and are still married ended up with one of the more intelligent types ( rather than a raving nutter and there are plenty of those ... there are plenty that are also not bar girls and still raving nutters!) who wanted to put that lifestyle behind them and move on.
Some good advice on here particularly about your wife being already married, what's the "family" dynamic etc - worth looking in to. Also if you got married in Thailand you can divorce there at minimal cost and possibly come to a reasonable settlement.
However you need to take the initiative otherwise you will be shaped accordingly.... it sounds like you married a smarter than average gold miner.... but as has been pointed out there are plenty around that are not Thai.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

So just a word of thanks to those who offered reasonable advice to me. I went to court on Thursday and my brief went to town. She declined the request of 150k that they made, went short marriage and settled it on the day for 17k all done. I still have my house, my business my car and my buy-to-lets. I have 2 months to pay and can find that no problem, and then start again with a decent few quid behind me.

Thanks again for all the genuine advice especially wishful:glomp:

And those pathetic little bellends like gimpy, calling me a loser and telling me to go kill myself, jog on you throbbers.

I came out on top.
house.jpg