short marriage divorce

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Op is a walking clichè
It never fails to astound me how many naive old blokes that go to Thailand and get turned over

It’s not like it’s some complex criminal sting it’s a narrative that is known the world over

Sad lonely blokes and their flaccid dicks:mrgreen::mrgreen:

“She wasn’t a working girl”
“She had a good job in an office/library/hospital”
“We really loves each other”
There was a chippie worked at our place, a bit of a dreamer, he went out there and got into some teenage girls knickers, he would have been at least 40 by then, married her and set the family up, he was a cashpoint for them
I offered to sell all of his power tools and give the dosh to his ex girl friend tp pay for the vets fees on his old dog
he flew back, crated them all up and got them sent to tingtonland
when the shipping crate was opened it was empty !!!
then they would not let him leave the country, one of the family was always watching him, wanted more money for a business start up, I remember his ex saying she got emails saying he was being followed
then he turned up dead after a diving accident ??
all very odd

I've formed the impression that you're still in love with her or at least still care for her.
You've only come here for a weep.
I feel quite sorry for you.

The duration of the marriage will be a factor taken into consideration by the Judge

Also if there is a degree of financial dependance (you say that you have given her large sums of money previously)

and the ability of the of the other spouse to be financial independent in the future

A judge could decide that you have 2 houses - and the could award her one of those

Another factor will be did you have this wealth before the marriage and how much the other spouse has contributed to the wealth generation during the marriage

There are no hard a fast rules and each case if decided by the Judge, although they have previous case law to guide them

Also court cost are awarded against the person who is bringing the financial claim if the judges decision go against them

The solicitors will try to sort this out by discussing what a sensible financial settlement should be, so if your solicitor say the the spouses solicitor has demanded 100K and you say no then it goes into the court room, if the judge decides the outcome is that you will have to give 110K you have to pay court costs.

I have not explained that very well -

A Judge may also look at the fact the the spouse has moved away from her own country and there for at a disadvantage financial

Don`t forget that solicitors do`nt speak in court, they will employ a Barrister, a very dear time, also I think that legal aid may be repayable however that is not immediately but in the future, if the Spouse leaves the UK then I suspect that is written off

Archie

There is a good book called "Thai Private Eye", basically different cases from the files of an Australian private detective who worked in Thailand for years.
His name is Warren Olson, he knows Thai culture and speaks fluent Thai and Khmer.
95% of his work is from middle aged westerners paying him to check if their gogo dancing girlfriends are cheating on them. Of course 99% of them are!
Its a very interesting insight into the minds of lonely, middle aged men and the bar girls who wrap them round their little fingers.

Another good book that anyone planning a trip to Thailand should read is "Private Dancer" by Stephen Leather. Its fiction, but if you have spent any time over there, you will recognise every character in it!

I've formed the impression that you're still in love with her or at least still care for her.
You've only come here for a weep.
I feel quite sorry for you.[/QUOTE

I couldn’t really care less tbh. I’ve just tried to understand the legalities of it all. I doubt you & I will ever meet. I’m not the first man on here to get divorced or to get turned over by a woman, be it white, black or khaki, I really don’t give a toss what you think.

Bite the bullet. Accept you are going to get shafted. You can transfer anything off to TRUSTED friends, do so, **** off out England and let's see if she can wait seven years.

So. choose a country - Cuba - and go teach English (Latvia is way too close and way too sodding cold). Papers can not be delivered, no divorce and she has to wait and you pay no fees to blood sucking solicitors. Grab your shit, and fcuk off. Go back to England in 8 years. she'll be gone. Simples really.
Exactly, the OP knows he's going to get shafted and all he's doing is whine to us lot , he needs to fcuk his divorce lawyer off and get an accountant, get the houses sold asap , maybe to a limited company he's the sole share holder of as possibly that could be done in days not months, move over seas and relax.

Exactly, the OP knows he's going to get shafted and all he's doing is whine to us lot , he needs to fcuk his divorce lawyer off and get an accountant, get the houses sold asap , maybe to a limited company he's the sole share holder of as possibly that could be done in days not months, move over seas and relax.
He could move to Thailand

Last edited:
You do realise that 99% of the Thai population have absolutely no connection to the sex trade?
I have more property, more savings, more sense and definitely no sexually transmitted diseases. I **** women on my terms, vbased on fitness and intellect not a desperate financial transaction:mrgreen:

No bitterness I have spent 16 years working with and listening to 65 year old sad sacks who still need to work because they have repeatedly lost their life savings, property and dignity to Thai whores.

The reason middle aged British blokes end up in Thailand, is because they are deficient personalities who don’t cut the mustard in their own country and they believe they are rockstars in Thailand due to an initial financial power thing. Thai whores bridge that financial power differential with alacrity and skin the losers very quickly

You and your ilk are sad auld desperate cnuts who still manage to **** it up in a country were you can **** hot twenty something whores every night for the price of an ice cream

Kill yourself now
You sound as though your complete Thai experience has been gained in the fleshpots of Bangkok,Pattaya,phuket,you are being rather insulting to to the female thai population,before the influx of the yanks in thailand,8 taxis at Don Muang Airport quickest way into the city was by train, in 63 there were 6 hotels in the city ,by the time I left in 66, Us troop numbers in LOS had risen to over 15000, in themain garrison towns and naval bases, such as Ubon ,Udon Korat, had their own bars ,brothels and residential estates specially built for the prostitutes and girlfriends , smuggled in on transport planes from Subic Bay in the Phillipines,in 65 the first thai girlfriends were allowed to take up residency. I know lots of europeans married to thai wives, know plenty who are gold diggers, but know more who are essential working supportivepartners in their marriages,some of them having been married over 3o years some like myself who married thai village girls in the mid 60,s,sadly my wifes father was Khmer so my marriage was annulled in 67, I still have a great family in LOS,who actuallysubsidise my pension with their lease payments on my farm , so please dont judge all thais together, in my own experience most women in UK, Germany Australia,have a great % of gold diggers too,the filipinos are not even worthy of a mention

I have more property, more savings, more sense and definitely no sexually transmitted diseases. I **** women on my terms, vbased on fitness and intellect not a desperate financial transaction:mrgreen:

No bitterness I have spent 16 years working with and listening to 65 year old sad sacks who still need to work because they have repeatedly lost their life savings, property and dignity to Thai whores.

The reason middle aged British blokes end up in Thailand, is because they are deficient personalities who don’t cut the mustard in their own country and they believe they are rockstars in Thailand due to an initial financial power thing. Thai whores bridge that financial power differential with alacrity and skin the losers very quickly

You and your ilk are sad auld desperate cnuts who still manage to **** it up in a country were you can **** hot twenty something whores every night for the price of an ice cream

Kill yourself now
Harsh but fair.

Ive been to Thailand dozens of times. Its a great place to go and live like a rock star for a few weeks. Indulge your wildest fantasies with chicks or whatever you are into till your hearts content.

What l could never understand, in all my years of visiting, was guys falling in love. I would no sooner marry a whore from Thailand than l would a whore from......Manchester. Why cant guys just have a good time and come home......alone?

You sound as though your complete Thai experience has been gained in the fleshpots of Bangkok,Pattaya,phuket,you are being rather insulting to to the female thai population,before the influx of the yanks in thailand,8 taxis at Don Muang Airport quickest way into the city was by train, in 63 there were 6 hotels in the city ,by the time I left in 66, Us troop numbers in LOS had risen to over 15000, in themain garrison towns and naval bases, such as Ubon ,Udon Korat, had their own bars ,brothels and residential estates specially built for the prostitutes and girlfriends , smuggled in on transport planes from Subic Bay in the Phillipines,in 65 the first thai girlfriends were allowed to take up residency. I know lots of europeans married to thai wives, know plenty who are gold diggers, but know more who are essential working supportivepartners in their marriages,some of them having been married over 3o years some like myself who married thai village girls in the mid 60,s,sadly my wifes father was Khmer so my marriage was annulled in 67, I still have a great family in LOS,who actuallysubsidise my pension with their lease payments on my farm , so please dont judge all thais together, in my own experience most women in UK, Germany Australia,have a great % of gold diggers too,the filipinos are not even worthy of a mention
Your full l stops, commas and capitals have got awol

There was a chippie worked at our place, a bit of a dreamer, he went out there and got into some teenage girls knickers, he would have been at least 40 by then, married her and set the family up, he was a cashpoint for them
I offered to sell all of his power tools and give the dosh to his ex girl friend tp pay for the vets fees on his old dog
he flew back, crated them all up and got them sent to tingtonland
when the shipping crate was opened it was empty !!!
then they would not let him leave the country, one of the family was always watching him, wanted more money for a business start up, I remember his ex saying she got emails saying he was being followed
then he turned up dead after a diving accident ??
all very odd
Sod Thailand and their women. I've never been there and I definitely have no plans to go there ever!

I've got a mate who visits Thailand 3 times a year. He's a partner in a timber merchant business so he tells his missus he's flying to China to visit suppliers. She either believes him or chooses to ignore the facts but she's a Philippine girl so she's got her own agenda anyway.

My mate is under no illusions about Thai girls. He's been visiting the place for years and even married one and brought her over to the UK for a couple of years. He did however send her back. Quite how he did that without losing the shirt off his back is a mystery to me but she's long gone.

The stories he tells about various blokes getting mixed up with Thai girls and how they get taken for a ride range from pure comedy to quite chilling tales of guys disappearing never to be seen again. The bottom line is that once your bank account has been emptied, a shallow grave in the jungle is a distinct possibility unless you can really look after yourself.

I know a bloke who has actually disappeared over there. He was a kitchen/bathroom tiler. About twelve years ago, he went out for a holiday, met a girl, fell in "love" and married her.

He came back to the UK, sold his flat and flew straight back out to be with his new Thai bride. He used to phone a colleague every Christmas to have a chat about how it was going and to wish everybody seasons greetings and a prosperous new year etc.

He hasn't phoned my colleague for the last five years and nobody else including his family has heard anything from him.

You can only think the money has run out and the worst has happened to him.

Thailand is a mugs game.