Short Films

What short film have you watched?

Where short equals less than twenty minutes.

Darious Britt - Pandemic

If you're a sci-fi head then there's loads of shorties on YT by Dust. Some are a bit mediocre, but some are very good.

Probably my absolute favourite short film. Matt Holness is a genius.

When the Jocks migrated to Canada, did they take their midges to feel at home or was there a native population?

When the Jocks migrated to Canada, did they take their midges to feel at home or was there a native population?
There are thousands of species of biting fly or fly-like insects all over the world, and more than a hundred species known as "blackflies" in Canada. So far as I am aware, they are a different species than Scottish midges, but have similar habits and lifestyles.

There are thousands of species of biting fly or fly-like insects all over the world, and more than a hundred species known as "blackflies" in Canada. So far as I am aware, they are a different species than Scottish midges, but have similar habits and lifestyles.
They're tiny, and taking the time to torture one of them may seem over the top.

It isn't.

Take the time. It's time well spent.

Time you could've been playing swingball in the campsite with your family? Time building a campfire with old friends, looking forward to an evening of stories? Time spent, driving hard, to snatch last moments with a loved one?

No. Spend that time spraying midges, and using the tweezers off your Swiss army knife to pull legs off the little fucxxs.

A favourite of mine since discovering it is this:

Straight to the point, and sums up just a smidgin of what these people voluntarily put themselves through. A good summary of a difficult job to keep on doing.

Last edited:
I will be downloading some of these to watch later so I thought the thread deserved and Excellent rather than a like.

At 35' this Spanish 'horror' movie by Antonio Mercero is a long, short film but definitely worth a look.
It opens with an unnamed company installing a phone booth in the middle of a square. Later, a man takes his son to the school bus. He enters the phone booth to make a call and the door slowly closes behind him...

"Ryan", winner of an Oscar for Best Short Animation in 2005.

One of the movies I stumbled across whilst trying to learn Alias Wavefront Maya and trudging my way through the hundreds of pages of user manuals.

I love anything by Somerset Maugham, in written or film form. This trio of short films about half an hour each are particularly comforting and a reminder of simpler times.

Latest Threads