Short Exercise Cookery

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by maninblack, Aug 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

We all know that on a deployment you have to eat the shyte or dleights offered via Soddinghexamine or Sodhexo but for those short weeks where you can carry a bit of simple scoff what is the favourite?

Mine is a simle curry.

Boil in the bag type rice that cooks in 2 minutes.
    A curry sachee such as a Rendang or Thai green curry
    Either a pack of marinated tofu (Couldron Foods...available from most supermarkets in the lesbian section)

Excellent 10 minute mess tin scoff.

Mind you, I am a sad fcuk and have s[ent half an hour making egg benedict in a can be done
  2. try a bag of dried pasta ( any kind ) and a tin of condesed soup ( chicken or mushroom)
    boil the pasta drain when ready add soup and heat slowly for a couple of min
    great in the field and all can eat from the same mess tin
  3. Try a tin of chopped plum tomatoes in a mess tin, and a bit of extra water. put the required amount of dried pasta shells straight into the tomatoes and slowly bring to the boil, then add some dried oregano and garlic powder. Keep an eye on the texture of the pasta and add more water if required.

This saves pissing about straining the boiled pasta first, and the starch content from the pasta helps to thicken the sauce.
  4. Pocket full of rice 2 packets of screech and you're sorted.
  5. What sort of sadistic cunt are you? Rice and screech? FFS!

Just buy those pasta and sauces thingies and add the boiling water to the packet; saves on the washing up.
  6. Sweet and Sour cnut. :D
  7. Jesus fucking christ, it's making my eyes water just at the thought.
  8. On a serious note it's bagged up pot noodlesy type muck boiled up with screech and applle/apricot flakes followed down with yeast on toast and you become a micro brewery. :)
  9. Take all the sauces from a sit down Indian dinner - especially a hot sauce. Add a couple of table spoons of the hot sauce into a pan of baked beans on the stove - at the death drop in some quartered tomatoes.

Load it onto toasted bread - use anchor butter on the toast.
  10. Fcuknig nectar mate. :bow: