Shorncliffe Barracks, Folkestone

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by ConCTKD, Dec 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure if this is in the right section or not, but i'm just curious as to what regiments have been based at Shorncliffe Barracks in Folkestone. Currently its 1 Royal Gurkha Rifles. Maybe some of you guys were even based here yourselves. Cheers

2. Fuck off.

• Like Like x 2

3. I don't know whether to give you a 'like' for your knowledgeable and helpful reply or call you a cunt.

Decision reached....

CUNT!

The question was obviously too difficult for you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. A+sh were before the gurkas took over

5. Nice input JoeyDeacon, I thought that was the answer too. What a tool. Sorry what is A+sh?

6. Excellent, for the reply guys

7. Thanks happy nomad

8. There is no Shorncliffe Barracks as such. The place is more usually known as Shorncliffe Camp in which there were/are a number of barracks. The camp was born during the Napoleonic Wars when Sir John Moore established a training redoubt for the 95th Rifles. The area gradually developed into a large camp incorporating a number of barracks (Moore, Burgoyne, Somerset, Napier, Risborough, Ross, RASC Lines etc. as well as a large military hospital and the outlying Dibgate and St Martin's Plain Camps. There were also several coastal batteries and Martello Towers in the vicinity. There was also a School of Musketry nearby at Hythe along with the ranges.

Therefore, the regiments that have been based there are probably too numerous to mention.

9. Yes, St Martins Plain and Dibgate are in different sections of Folkestone. I think they are generally just training camps, been there multiple times with Cadets. Risborough, Sir John Moore and Napier are all in the same 'camp'. Who were there before the A+Su because they seemed to only be there for 2 years,

10. Fuck off.

• Like Like x 1
  11. When I was in Dover (Old Park Bks) at the JLRRE in the early 80s, I had old school mates who were at Shorncliffe at the Infantry Junior Leaders Battalion.

12. Oh no, it must be contagious...

13. Argyll and Bolton wanders before the it was the Junior bleeder's

P.s fuck off

14. Sorry I meant to say..fuck off

you boring journo cunt

• Like Like x 1