SHOP OWNERS & ALL READ PLEASE

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by 307, Jun 15, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 307

307 War Hero

I have seen this vest and to be perfectly blunt it looks fecking awesome! Some absolutely excellent and well thought out features, this vest seems to me to have the perfect balance for a battlevest, just wondering if any of you lot would be willing to put a seirous offer in to the prodcers to get a version made in UK DPM IRR and to stock it? I think if this got promoted right and stocked by a reputable supplier of mil kit, it would be a good seller. Here are links what do my fellow estemmed arrsers think?

http://www.closecombatgear.com/uk/index.htm

http://www.tactical.dk/uk/ccgvest.html

Anyone got any good input on this I am deadly serious about this, really fancy one of these vests, just dont think having it in danish cam would go down to well? :?

2. they look ok id have to see it in the flesh though.you never know how well these things hold together.5 minutes and you might have lkots of pretty pouches lying in piece on the floor.....no proper side pouches though.....seems a bit silly if ytou ask me..still probably choose combat 95 vest.....it rules!!!....if you really want one having it in diff camo shldnt make much difference!!

3. 307

307 War Hero

I think the detachable side pouches are a spot on idea, you can use the provided pouches or you can jack up some PLCE pouches on it. I'm not sure about turning up in danish cam pretty sure someone would get a sad on over it. Issue vests are good no question, but I just really like some of the features on this vest, it's basis was the PLCE vest.

4. Hello all I can get vests very simular to this in Both British DPM and British Desert DPM, let me know what your exact requirments would be and I will let you have a quote.

5. 307

307 War Hero

Similar mate, got any photos? website address, description etc. whatever. It wouldnt be planned as a bulk purchase or owt, just a signle vest?

6. have a look at www.combatkit.net I am one of the UK companies allowed to sell these items, I don't list them on my site, as they happen to be expensive, but you do get what you pay for! page me if you are interested in any further details?

7. 307

307 War Hero

Mate, there's nothing on that site anything like the CCG vest that I can see.

8. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

I think they've loaded the vest with every mod they could think of, and this is reflected in the price !
    Remember you're the bloke using it so get one that suits you, not the other way round.
    You probably won't use all the bits & pieces on the one shown, so if you really need a vest have an issue one modified or get one custom made.

Troopers of Military Road in Colly have done a shedload of vests for people, both from scratch & mods - give them a bell on 01206 511 268.

For the cheapest actual issue vest click on this link:
    http://www.arrse.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=70&osCsid=b69d4ef2a95c0152d71a17733a8ef0df

9. 307 - not dissing your undoubted enthusiasm, but what's wrong with the issue assault vest?

:baffled:

10. well if you have to pay for one why not get one you like ?

11. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

12. too exspensive to wear anywhere outside of ops room for that .

13. 307

307 War Hero

Ignore this post lads, I was being a bit star struck by all the gucci SF type bits and bobs hanging off that jobby, and you're right I bloody wouldn't use half of them, proof is that I have an issue assault vest and keep 2 pouches completely spare. There is nothing wrong with the issue vest, I believe it's almost perfect to be honest now I have given it a fair trial. With a bit of needle handiwork and some initiative and ingenius thinking....she is all singing all dancing with exactly what I need on. My biggest thing with it was it not having velcro on the ammo pouches, personal preference for me, I like the velcro and it's handy in some situations, but after cannabalising an old ammo pouch I now have the velcro from that sewn on the pouches. Made a bit of a buckshee sling that works solely with the clip on the right shoulder and rear sling loop on the rifleto, still to be tested, can't see it being ultimately practical though to be honest. D ring sewn onto the left shoulder and we are happy. So I am now a firm believer in issue vest all the way, for practicality, reliability and capacity. But whilst I have your attention I have to ask, what the bloody hell are the 2 male SR-25 clips on the bottom of the back of the vest for?

14. They are for your resperater pouch mate, if it is like the C.O.P. vest that is.

I love my C.O.P. vest.

Any one looking for a chest-rig whilst i'm here?

padded sholders
    adjustable sholder and waste straps
    3 double ammo pouches
    2 utillity pouches
    1 BIG map pocket
    and poppers on the left sholder for the radio pouch. (5 months old)

there is also a standard issue gortex bivi that i'm selling.(6 weeks old)

(can be swopped for other kit)

15. 307

307 War Hero

No they cant be because they're 2 male clips at the very rear of the vest, so it's incompatible wuth resi pouch? The mystery continues.