Shooting The Biggest Guns Money Can Buy

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by moving-target-survivor, Mar 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bloody hell, you must have a fair bit of disposable change to be doing that.

• Like Like x 1
  2. And here's me moaning about the cost of .308!

3. I've heard 5 bucks a round for .50 cal, and $25 for 20mm.

4. That's going to be allot of hand loading!

• Like Like x 1
  5. The man told you that many there were professionals. A man who knows about such things tells me that he can easily get through $3000 of ammo in a weekend...

6. I saw a program where someone ripped 1000 .303 through a Maxim, I was nearly crying at the thought of the cost.

7. When I think what I , personally, have put away over the years at Her Majesty's expense, my eyes water.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

that big boom in the background? has someone turned up with an slr to intimidate them?

its nice to see men with mobile sheds and a good hobby.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Is that the one when they cut the tree down?

10. Nah, it had to have been an M-1 Garand that shoots a real cartridge, not that cut down NATO version. :)

• Like Like x 5
  11. Grumblegrunt

I guess they needed a bigger case for that fluffy civil war vintage black powder didn't they.

• Like Like x 3
  12. I disagree with VICE describing the weaponry as 'unnecessarily huge'. Shame a similar event can't be held at some suitable desolate location in the UK. I volunteer Liverpool, as nobody will miss the buggers next door

13. Grumblegrunt

I didn't see a charlie g in the line up - wimps.

14. Tropper shot all the rounds at a van the day before.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using ARRSE mobile app