Shooting Syndicate.

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by byjovecarruthers, Dec 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have recently moved to Noth East Cheshire and am looking for some rough shooting or to join a small informal friendly shoot or syndicate. I am a licensed shotgun owner, hold insurance via the BASC and am experienced and safe when handling firearms. I also possess a good quality air rifle and would be willing to help anybody out with the control of small vermin. Can anybody please help?
  2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Do you have a car?

Plenty of small vermin in Moss Side which is in easy driving distance - shooting possible 24/7 too....
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

BASC has a magazine if you are a member you should receive Conservation. It usually carries a list od syndicates looking for members, alternatively try shooting times etc they often have them advertising. Some syndicates roam nationally buying by the day and some individuals travel a long way for their sport!
  4. I am very familiar with Moss Side and much of it's vermin, hence the move out to Cheshire. Nice idea though.
  5. Cheers, I am keeping my eye on these publications but was really after a local group of like minded individuals who might want an extra gun or half gun. I work shifts and do a little part time soldiering so want something less formal and structured for the odd day during the season (obviously would still be available for work parties etc). Cheers for the advice though.
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Sometimes you can get into a local syndicate by beating and putting your name down for a half gun etc. Its worth considering, some shoots advertise for beaters and you can see if they are half decent or tossers by working as a beater without having to fork out money up front!
  7. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

I was thinking about mentioning NOBs yesterday! :D

It might also be worth asking your local (decent) RFD, as some of them keep the contact details for local syndicates.
  8. Cheers fellas, I am making inroads already via the "meeting a bloke in the local" method. So far so good.