• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Shooting Syndicate.

I have recently moved to Noth East Cheshire and am looking for some rough shooting or to join a small informal friendly shoot or syndicate. I am a licensed shotgun owner, hold insurance via the BASC and am experienced and safe when handling firearms. I also possess a good quality air rifle and would be willing to help anybody out with the control of small vermin. Can anybody please help?

Alsacien

MIA
byjovecarruthers said:
I have recently moved to Noth East Cheshire and am looking for some rough shooting or to join a small informal friendly shoot or syndicate. I am a licensed shotgun owner, hold insurance via the BASC and am experienced and safe when handling firearms. I also possess a good quality air rifle and would be willing to help anybody out with the control of small vermin. Can anybody please help?
Do you have a car?

Plenty of small vermin in Moss Side which is in easy driving distance - shooting possible 24/7 too....

ugly

LE
BASC has a magazine if you are a member you should receive Conservation. It usually carries a list od syndicates looking for members, alternatively try shooting times etc they often have them advertising. Some syndicates roam nationally buying by the day and some individuals travel a long way for their sport!

Alsacien said:
byjovecarruthers said:
Do you have a car?

Plenty of small vermin in Moss Side which is in easy driving distance - shooting possible 24/7 too....
I am very familiar with Moss Side and much of it's vermin, hence the move out to Cheshire. Nice idea though.

ugly said:
BASC has a magazine if you are a member you should receive Conservation. It usually carries a list od syndicates looking for members, alternatively try shooting times etc they often have them advertising. Some syndicates roam nationally buying by the day and some individuals travel a long way for their sport!
Cheers, I am keeping my eye on these publications but was really after a local group of like minded individuals who might want an extra gun or half gun. I work shifts and do a little part time soldiering so want something less formal and structured for the odd day during the season (obviously would still be available for work parties etc). Cheers for the advice though.

ugly

LE
Sometimes you can get into a local syndicate by beating and putting your name down for a half gun etc. Its worth considering, some shoots advertise for beaters and you can see if they are half decent or tossers by working as a beater without having to fork out money up front!

ugly said:
Sometimes you can get into a local syndicate by beating and putting your name down for a half gun etc. Its worth considering, some shoots advertise for beaters and you can see if they are half decent or tossers by working as a beater without having to fork out money up front!
I was thinking about mentioning NOBs yesterday! :D

It might also be worth asking your local (decent) RFD, as some of them keep the contact details for local syndicates.

Latest Threads