Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shooting season 2019/2020

He's hoping (justifiably) to be able to hand the beak the black headgear.

@Ravers What are the odds that he'll be back poaching ASAP even minus licence?
They poach pheasants and rabbits with air guns,no license required.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
He's hoping (justifiably) to be able to hand the beak the black headgear.

@Ravers What are the odds that he'll be back poaching ASAP even minus licence?

I think he’s probably learned his lesson know.

If you have a skeg through my earlier posts on this thread you’ll see be wasn’t your opportune “one pheasant for the pot” poacher, but had set up his own shoot with a full complement of guns, using our boundary woods as his drives.

jmb3296

War Hero
First day at the ducks this season. Sitting in a duck butt with the very old spaniel who was very unhappy at the thought of being left behind in the kennel.
Lovely night to see sun down and moon rise.
And a good evening sitting out with an old pal.
D06FFBDF-1A19-40EA-9ED6-63924ECDB197.jpeg

jmb3296

War Hero
We don’t know what this coming season will bring, currently we will be able to shoot under Covid restrictions but it will be a season unlike any other, if restrictions, lock downs tighten then we may have a very unusual season.
What doesn’t change is that we need to continue to feed pheasants and look after the habitat.
This morning on going round some of the scratchers, in the face of uncertainty it is also good to be out and about on the estate.
C034ED50-8579-4C09-8DE2-AF4861C83B6A.jpeg

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
We don’t know what this coming season will bring, currently we will be able to shoot under Covid restrictions but it will be a season unlike any other, if restrictions, lock downs tighten then we may have a very unusual season.
What doesn’t change is that we need to continue to feed pheasants and look after the habitat.
This morning on going round some of the scratchers, in the face of uncertainty it is also good to be out and about on the estate.View attachment 507757

We’ve been feeding up but we haven’t put any poults down this year.

The majority of our syndicate are over 70 and obviously weren’t able to come up for work days.

Those who live locally (me, the keeper and one other lad) have done our best to keep the vermin down and do basic maintenance on pens etc.

There are a few wild birds around and we might get some overspill from a few bigger shoots that have put birds down. We’ll probably do one walk up day later in the season.

In the meantime I’ve got the usual invites to other shoots so I’ll get a few away days in.

In other news, my friendly neighbourhood poacher got banged up for 4 years last week.

Bob Upndown

War Hero
In other news, my friendly neighbourhood poacher got banged up for 4 years last week.

Great news, have an excellent. What were the charges?

ugly

LE
We’ve been feeding up but we haven’t put any poults down this year.
We put down the usual 800 after a vote!
Then I was diagnosed with cancer, the prognosis is good and the Colonel gave me the year off and asked the guns to step up.
So far so good and I follow the feed rounds on WhatsApp!
I should be driving the game cart by Christmas if the surgery takes place next month as hoped!

jmb3296

War Hero
Then I was diagnosed with cancer, the prognosis is good and the Colonel gave me the year off and asked the guns to step up.
I should be driving the game cart by Christmas if the surgery takes place next month as hoped!

Good luck and I trust you are giving those doing the feed rounds helpful hints

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Great news, have an excellent. What were the charges?

“Possessing firearms with intent to cause fear or violence.”

Long story short, he got shitfaced at a party. Everyone told him it was time to go home. He didn’t take it well. Went home (he only lived next door) got two shotguns out, returned to the party and started waving them around.

A struggle ensued as someone tried to wrestle the guns off him and he ended up letting one off next to the lad‘s head.

Amazingly no one was hurt.

Turns out he was also ex Navy. slightly awkward, there are news reports saying “ex Navy bloke from this village, in shotgun incident” and people are assuming it’s me.

socialdespatch

War Hero

Good luck with the surgery.

Hope the treatment all goes to plan and that you're fully fit by Christmas !

My best cocker bitch is getting dafter, the season is on us
We start on Friday. Cor, those Covid restrictions are fairly punitive.
One of the larger Oxfordshire shoots has already had the antis watching and reporting violations to the local plod of Covid violations.

ugly

LE
Unfortunately I won’t be swinging barrels this season again and I will be lucky if I’m on the farm before Christmas so the dogs may have to work with my eldest son if he is willing

Funny how they can’t tell their arrse from their elbow half the time but can tell the time/date with precision when it suits them.

mine will sleep all morning then get restless at 1215 on the dot because 1230 means lunch and a walk/training session.

with the situation as it is how’re you going to work it this season?

“Possessing firearms with intent to cause fear or violence.”

Long story short, he got shitfaced at a party. Everyone told him it was time to go home. He didn’t take it well. Went home (he only lived next door) got two shotguns out, returned to the party and started waving them around.

A struggle ensued as someone tried to wrestle the guns off him and he ended up letting one off next to the lad‘s head.

Amazingly no one was hurt.

Turns out he was also ex Navy. slightly awkward, there are news reports saying “ex Navy bloke from this village, in shotgun incident” and people are assuming it’s me.
I read the report on the news website but did not make the connection with the poaching problems on your shoot. Agree, a trifle embarassing when he turns out to be ex-RN.

Latest Threads