Shooting Season 2018 / 19

Never been. As someone mentioned above it sounds like an evening of getting cold, muddy and soaking wet, while destroying your guns in the sea air.

Will try anything once except for incest and Morris dancing though so never say never.

Not quite. We prefer to hunt in Winter Wheat Fields in layout blinds. Nippy but not worried about drowning.

Wildfowling takes place on tidal marshes and is for hairy mofo's only, everything else is flighting and quite civilised by comparisom.

We try to avoid the water anymore. Finding out the hard way you have a hole in the waders sucks. Walking on ice sucks, potentially having your dog drown sucks.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
How many rounds do you plan on shooting?
Weather dependant I’ll do two rounds of 100 clays.

One lot with the OU at the top and one with @ugly’s old sxs in the middle.

25p a clay.

Weather dependant I’ll do two rounds of 100 clays.

One lot with the OU at the top and one with @ugly’s old sxs in the middle.

25p a clay.
You will have more fun than I will, as it appears I will be getting a new truck tomorrow as long as the numbers add up correctly.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You will have more fun than I will, as it appears I will be getting a new truck tomorrow as long as the numbers add up correctly.
Let me guess? Ford F-150 with a confederate flag painted on the roof?

ugly

LE
We try to avoid the water anymore. Finding out the hard way you have a hole in the waders sucks. Walking on ice sucks, potentially having your dog drown sucks.
We get a few geese on the stubbles, we can shoot Canadas all year as agricultural pests and in Sussex we can do this on a sunday. I spend a few sunday mornings out on one of the many local golf courses plagued by these. Now I have a few acres of stubble on the farm I may have to nip out and fill the freezer!

ugly

LE
I'm making a custom shoot register so we can record how good each drive is. I will do it in excel and print and bind it myself. All of the commercial offerings are for the guns not the keeper.
Ive filled a few of these over the years, good as they are they aren't what I now need

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'm making a custom shoot register so we can record how good each drive is. I will do it in excel and print and bind it myself. All of the commercial offerings are for the guns not the keeper.
Ive filled a few of these over the years, good as they are they aren't what I now need
I should probably start keeping something like that. Just got a growing collection of shoot cards.

923844E8-6BCD-42E6-A279-9C800307E4F7.jpeg
9BFA9CD9-D2B2-497F-B9BD-7D9C7280EEAC.jpeg
6426CA73-03F4-4CF2-849A-B8335DA2574F.jpeg

ugly

LE
I have two of the ones I put in the link, I want something that will tell me what each drive produced what direction it was driven and how many shots were fired (per drive). This will help plan each coming season and also be my defense when the useless shots complain about small bags but they have run out of cartridges!!

As a planning tool its a good idea. When I print it off I'll scan as a pic and post it up

ugly

LE
Right, hopefully this has printed on A4 so I can fold and cut to maker two A5 sheets. I may then transcribe it into a bond ledger the next day.
In fact I may fill it in on the PC as its an excel sheet and have it printed and bound for the year with a list of guns. In fact I could produce it as a summary for the shoot dinner

Attachments

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Right, hopefully this has printed on A4 so I can fold and cut to maker two A5 sheets. I may then transcribe it into a bond ledger the next day.
In fact I may fill it in on the PC as its an excel sheet and have it printed and bound for the year with a list of guns. In fact I could produce it as a summary for the shoot dinner
Looks good but that’s gonna be a lot of work to keep accurate. We struggle to get all the birds in one place to count them at the end of the day, let alone after every drive.

I can certainly see the benefit of it. Should make it much easier to manage the different drives and how many birds you put down.

We get a few geese on the stubbles, we can shoot Canadas all year as agricultural pests and in Sussex we can do this on a sunday. I spend a few sunday mornings out on one of the many local golf courses plagued by these. Now I have a few acres of stubble on the farm I may have to nip out and fill the freezer!
I do love the thrill of flagging them down and landing them in our decoys. But really who does not enjoy outfoxing the Fox?

Latest Threads