Shooting opportunities near the Aldershot/ Pirbright area

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by armr617, Sep 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all, I am a current Jagdschein holder here in Germany but I dont own my own firearms.
    we are posted back to the UK in the next few months (her first then me in Jan)

Are there hunting clubs along the same lines as the Jagdgruppes over here?

Will having said Jagdschein help with FAC applications?
    I also enjoy plinking on the range so I would prob want a .22 or lever action for range shooting and will also hope to do some rough shooting and clays.

cheers

2. Are you a plinker on the range and a plonker on the clays?

PM me.

3. Yes. There are many council estates where shooting in a wild and erratic manner will be welcomed.

4. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

I think there used to be a little range next to Pirbright.
    Called Bosley or Busley or something like that.

5. Thanks for the help, never heard of this bisley place..........
    However I wasnt sure about the chances of hunting on it!

6. there was a rumour about getting a herd of deer at Bisley - has this happened?

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

If you want to stalk and also shoot targets then British Sporting Rifle club can help! FACs for both disciplines are issued on different basis. If you have access to land and experience (or can convince plod) then you have a chance, with target shooting then you need to join a club and become a probationer!
    Nothing too dramatic but both will require a certain amount of legwork and patience in acquiring land or rights or joining stalking syndicates, and also in club membership. We tend to do things differently here and DSC1 isnt half as onerous as the Jagdschein but is similar in its intention. You can however stalk using the estate rifle rule here although I insist in a zeroing session first if I dont know you!

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

There always used to be a few Roe running around behind the butts on Stickledown! :wink:

9. We used to have people hunting over on Caesars Camp a few years back. They even had those high platforms you could sit in & wait for a deer to come along. Very sporting! :x

I chopped the fcuking things down. :lol:

Now no one hunts there anymore! :D

10. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

No more was ever herd.

11. I agree, much more sporting to just fire at a deer without the benefit of a good bullet trap behind it (one of the reasons for using a high seat) and let the round go where it wants :roll:

Try that in Germany and you would be done for criminal damage (or chased off by an angry forester)

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Criminal damage is the charge you would face here, I suggest that you restrict yourself to the NAAFI!

13. oh yes they do !!!

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Actually it would help especially in Sussex but only if you wanted sporting use, membership of clubs is different but documented evidence backed up by some mentoring a good interview technique together with land access would ensure a swift application!

15. Would this by you K M asking questions?Yes it is I the instructor!!