SHOOTING IN COLORADO SPRINGS - 7 DEAD

It’s only about seven weeks since the 10 dead store shooting in Boulder, Colorado
Things must be slowing down for the summer then?

It's hard not to be flippant about these mass shootings in the U.S. Is it a tragedy for the dead and the families involved absolutely it is but the blasé attitude and the excuses made about why the 2nd Amendment cannot be changed leads one to give up caring about shootings in the United States anymore.

Last edited:

notwhoiam

Old-Salt
Things must be slowing down for the summer then?

It's hard not to be flippant about these mass shootings in the U.S. Is it a tragedy for the dead and the families involved absolutely it is but the blasé attitude and the excuses made about why the 2nd Amendment cannot be changed leads one to give up caring about shootings in the United States anymore.
I agree wholeheartedly. If the murder of kids isn't going to change their mindset about guns being a god given right then nothing will sadly.

Mölders 1

War Hero
The N.R.A. answer to this this latest Mass Shooting would either be "If One Of The Party- Goers Had Had A Gun, Then He Or She Could Have Prevented This From Happening" or "They Should Have Had An Armed Guard Watching Over Them".

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
Didn't even make the BBC headlines - I had to go hunting for it.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Bloody right it was. I heard the 'logic' explained 20/30 years later. And they wondered why people thought there was a coverup.

they could have done with some covers on the seats of that car.

Seven dead works out to roughly three-quarters of million rounds, according to US principles of marksmanship and Hollywoodematics.
In that case, screen marksmanship has improved vastly since The A Team were on the box.

Only if you assume that after the first shot, everyone was still sitting upright in their assigned seats, noone had (say) leaned over to one side and forward, etc, etc.

Some people see conspiracy in everything: just look at the loonies who reckon the moon landings were faked.
From memory, so may not be quite right, this was the explanation they expected people to believe. The bullet passed through bone, tissue, changed direction several times at weird angles, and was found in almost pristine condition! There's a touch of magic, to misquote Freddy.

Only if you assume that after the first shot, everyone was still sitting upright in their assigned seats, noone had (say) leaned over to one side and forward, etc, etc.
Just read that again, and remembered something else. The amateur film by the man in the crowd, his name started with a Z, and was kept by the authorities for a number of years. It shows when the first shot hits JFK. This was from the book depository, where Lee Harvey Oswald had set up his position. From a normal upright position, JFK begins to slump forward. When his chin is almost touching his chest, his head suddenly changes direction. From heading to the floor it heads towards the back of the car, suddenly and violently. Now I'm not into ballistics or physics, but I know how gravity works. When a heavy object, in this case JFK's head, is dropping down it only stops when it hits the deck. Having seen that 8mm/16mm? film umpteen times when it was released, and what little I know about ballistics/physics, the conclusion I reached was the only way his head could react the way it did was to be hit from the front. Now I'm not saying it was CIA/the mafia/USSR, or any other theory that's been bandied about since that day. What I am saying is I don't believe LHO was the only person shooting at JFK. I just didn't like the way the authorities kept things under wraps for so long, then fed different theories out bit by bit. It didn't ring true, in my opinion anyway.
ETA ...things, not thinks under wraps. Prat.

Last edited:
Just read that again, and remembered something else. The amateur film by the man in the crowd, his name started with a Z, and was kept by the authorities for a number of years. It shows when the first shot hits JFK. This was from the book depository, where Lee Harvey Oswald had set up his position. From a normal upright position, JFK begins to slump forward. When his chin is almost touching his chest, his head suddenly changes direction. From heading to the floor it heads towards the back of the car, suddenly and violently. Now I'm not into ballistics or physics, but I know how gravity works. When a heavy object, in this case JFK's head, is dropping down it only stops when it hits the deck. Having seen that 8mm/16mm? film umpteen times when it was released, and what little I know about ballistics/physics, the conclusion I reached was the only way his head could react the way it did was to be hit from the front. Now I'm not saying it was CIA/the mafia/USSR, or any other theory that's been bandied about since that day. What I am saying is I don't believe LHO was the only person shooting at JFK. I just didn't like the way the authorities kept thinks under wraps for so long, then fed different theories out bit by bit. It didn't ring true, in my opinion anyway.

Latest Threads