Shooting IMBEL's .22 FAL

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by plunderer, Jul 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Me shooting IMBEL's unbelievably expensive .22 version of the famous FAL battle rifle this morning at our club in East Anglia [allegedly]. This folding-stock made-as-a-22 rimfire costs around 5000eu.....................

More than ALL my eighteeen guns put together, and then some.

I guess that if you have it, flaunt it. ... uwPKciL05Q

• Like Like x 1
  2. Is that Oundle?
  3. How's the group? You didn't show the paper ...
  4. Sorry - the group at 100 for twenty shots - 10 R50 and 10 standard GECO - was just over three inches using the very large hole battle sights. I was quite happy with that seeing as the trigger felt like squashing a rat's head between finger and thumb.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The location of the range is a closely-guarded secret known only to the three-hundred club members, forty-something probies and the inhabitants of the nearby village of Barnwell.

And anybody who has been watching my dozens of movies on YouTube over the years.....:)

6. THIS also put in an appearance this morning. I have no comment to make about it + or -. Make up your own minds about how to spend £3000 or more.

7. €5,000?

Guy Savage was trying to convince me to buy one for £700 some years ago.
  8. You should have bought it. I bought my Ruger Super Redhawk off him back in 2001 and got a great deal. I'd show you that, but

a. It's not a rifle.

b. It's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fugly that it makes my eyes bleed to look at it. Still, it's all we can have in this part of the UK, so I make the most of it - around 300 rounds per month - sometimes more.

c. You all know what an LBR looks like.

9. It's OK, my mate bought it.
  10. Looking at your other videos I am disappointed that you haven't made a working model of this:
  11. Firstly, what a disappointment to hear a 'phoot' instead of a 'BOOM!' - 'KLAAANG!' - really, what is the point of a .22 FAL?

Secondly, do you always dress as an American when you shoot?
  12. Dear BB - it was more of a mushy 'plit' than a 'phoot', to be honest. I DID point out the the mini-FAL was not mine - £3500 for ANY gun is way outside MY spend scale these days, now I'm a retired and partly-disabled OAP. As for the why of it, I didn't intend for this thread to degenerate into a pissing match, either about preferences in firearms or modes of dress. So I don't trouble myself why folks like to have any kind of firearm that they want to have, and can afford to indulge their preferences. Nobody has ever asked me why I prefer guns with wood and steel over plastic, but then, out of eighteen Section 1 firearms here in UK, only one was made in the era of the plastic stock, and THAT has a nice dense walnut item. There was no option for polycarbonate stocks on my rifles and carbines from the end of the 19th century, BTW, but I'm sure you knew that.

As for clothes, if I didn't wear them then I might cause offence/envy among my peers, and we wouldn't want THAT on a family range, would we?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hmmm, was told of an IMBEL FAL for sale last night, £3,600?!?!?!?!?!
  14. Yup.

Whinemeal, Mr Buckland of Norwich is selling HIS .308Win straight-pull SLR look-alikes for a mere £1750-ish.

A true bargain, given the need to ensure that everything is compliant with the law. Got a nice big easy-graspy T-handle for our arthritic old hands to get a more firm grip between wheezes.

15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

It would have cost you that by the time you got your hands on it!