Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Shooting at Mosque in Christchurch NZ

Yeah, that did strike me as odd, given New Zealand's gun laws. Probably more to follow on that one once this situation's been ended.

you can kiss goodbye to everything except bolt action rifles for hunting from now on.

NZ gun laws are stupid, and this is a direct result because of it.

Police Commissioner has just been interviewed on TV and states he cannot dismiss the fact that further attacks may be carried out over the country in the next 48 hrs.

you can kiss goodbye to everything except bolt action rifles for hunting from now on.

NZ gun laws are stupid, and this is a direct result because of it.
The photos on social media are not of ten round magazines. In the short part of the video I saw, it looks like he initially had two 30 round magazines, with a proper magazine link being used. Stupid question but is there access, to such items in NZ? Internet purchases?

The photos on social media are not of ten round magazines. In the short part of the video I saw, it looks like he initially had two 30 round magazines, with a proper magazine link being used. Stupid question but is there access, to such items in NZ? Internet purchases?

there are several levels of license in NZ, on a basic "A" cat you can have centrefire semi-autos, as long as they have no pistol grip and you only use a max 7 shot mag.....and you dont have to register them.
several of the wpns used by the gunman are "A" class, they have custom thumbhole stocks on them to circumvent the law, and then hes just stuck hi-cap mags on them.
people illegally import them in the post.
pump action and semiauto hi capacity shotguns are just on the basic "A" cat.

I've been listening in NZ radio they are talking the possibly of it being bigger than Aramoana

It already is.

I knew David Gray, he used to frequent the gunshop I was working in at the time. Many folk had complained about him yet nothing was done.

Last edited: